Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Modern Wargame   » Iran...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iran...
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Leader: Bilal Qureshi Abdulah

-

Info: Known as Persia until 1935, Iran became an Islamic republic in 1979 after the ruling shah was forced into exile. Conservative clerical forces subsequently crushed westernizing liberal elements. Militant Iranian students seized the US Embassy in Tehran on 4 November 1979 and held it until 20 January 1981. During 1980-88, Iran fought a bloody, indecisive war with Iraq over disputed territory. The key current issue is how rapidly the country should open up to the modernizing influences of the outside world. Iran and Iraq now have a close friendship amongst their countries.

Alliances: Iraq, Germany, Soviet Union, South Africa

Enemies: None

Units: None

Purchases:

Ground:

x10 Infantry Units (At base in Tehran)
x1 Infantry Unit (Patrol Iraqi/Iran Border)
x1 Infantry Units (Patrol Pakistan/Afghanistan/Iran Border)
x2 Infantry Units (Guard Duty at Tehran)
x2 Infantry Units (At base in Dezful)

x2 Shilden Tank Units (At base in Tehran)
x2 Safir 74 Tank Units (At base in Tehran)

Naval:

Air:

x4 F-14A Fighter Unit (At airbase in Kermanshah)

Factory Cost:20

Satellites in orbit: None

Facilities: x1 Factory

Trade Partners and Trade Units: None

Research: None

Credit Income: 20

Loaned Credits: None

Credits Left-Over: 1

Countries Controlled: None

Embargoes: None

Bio/Chemical Weapons: None

Nuclear Weapon Loads: None

Current State of the Country: Good

[ September 16, 2002, 23:15: Message edited by: Jester89 ]

--------------------
 -

Check the Gaming News Topic for Up-to-Date Info On Games!

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6054 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iranian Units

Ground Units:

Shilden Tank Unit: The Shilden is built and designed in Iran. It has good armour and a good gun. (Cost: 12)

Zulfigar Tank Unit: This tank is also built and designed in Iran. It is effective and has good electronics. (Cost: 10)

Safir 74 Tank Unit: The Safir is a Iranian upgraded version of the Russian made T-72. It is cheap and effective. (Cost: 6)

Chieftain Mk5 Tank Unit: The Chieftain Mk5 is an upgraded version of the British Chieftain tank. It is heavily armored. (Cost: 10)

M113 TOW Anti-Tank Unit: The M113 Anti-tank unit carries a TOW anti-tank missile launcher on its roof. (Cost: 6)

Infantry Unit: This is the basic combat soldiers of the army. This unit has no vehicles to use in combat, only trucks to bring them to and from battlefields, during a battle they fight on foot. They are armed with assault rifles, grenades and light-machineguns. Foot infantry are good against anything but tanks and mechanized infantry. Infantry are very good at defending. (Cost: 2)

Cobra Mechanized Infantry Unit: Mechanized Infantry are regular Infantry troops who ride and fight in armored infantry vehicles. This unit uses the Cobra tracked infantry carrier. Mechanized Infantry are good against all ground units expect tanks. (Cost: 6)

Boraq Mechanized Infantry Unit: Mechanized Infantry are regular Infantry troops who ride and fight in armored infantry vehicles. This unit uses the Boraq tracked infantry carrier. Mechanized Infantry are good against all ground units expect tanks. (Cost: 7)

Type 77 Mechanized Infantry Unit: Mechanized Infantry are regular Infantry troops who ride and fight in armored infantry vehicles. This unit uses the Type 77 tracked infantry carrier. Mechanized Infantry are good against all ground units expect tanks. (Cost: 5)

Airborne Infantry Unit: Airborne Infantry are the same as normal ‘Infantry Units’ but they can jump from C-130 transport planes to paradrop onto enemy units. Paratroopers have all the same advantages and disadvantages of normal infantry. (Cost: 7, can parajumps from C-130 Transport Aircraft Units, can be carried in Mi-17 helicopter units)

ZSU-23-4 Anti-Aircraft Unit: The ZSU-23-4 is a armored vehicle with 4 23mm anti-aircraft/helicopter cannons on it. It is good against low flying enemy aircraft and helicopters. (Cost: 6)

Strela-10 Anti-Aircraft Missile Unit: The Strela-10 is a tracked armored vehicle that mounts a anti-aircraft missile launcher on its roof. This unit is good against all air units. (Cost: 9)

Towed Artillery Unit: Towed artillery are the standard truck-towed howitzers that many of you are common with. They are good against any ground unit at long range but they defeintly need to be protected as they are weak against any unit attacking them. (Cost: 3)

Raad 2 Self-Propelled Artillery Unit: This unit is basically the same as the above unit but the Raad 2 vehicle is a tracked and armored vehicle that carries a long range artillery gun inside it. (Cost: 8)

Arash Self-Propelled Rocket Artillery Unit: The Arash is a 6x6 heavy truck that carries a large rocket artillery launcher on it. Rockets are good against infantry and tanks. (Cost: 10)

Commando Unit: Commandos are elite special forces troops. They can do any of the missions listed under the ‘Special Forces’ rules in the INFO topic. (Cost: 15)

Air Units:

F-4D Fighter/Attack Unit: The F-4 is a older American fighter that Iran uses a lot. It can carry anti-aircraft and anti-ground weapons. (Cost: 8, can carry 1 ‘plane dropped nuclear weapons load’)

F-5 Fighter/Attack Unit: The F-5 is small and maneuverable. The F-4 carries anti-aircraft weapons and can carry anti-ground weapons. (Cost: 10)

F-14A Fighter Unit: The F-14A is a large American fighter the Iranian air force uses. It has advanced electronics and good anti-aircraft weapons systems. (Cost: 12)
 -

P-3 Anti-Ship/Anti-Submarine Patrol Unit: The Il-P-3 is an America anti-ship/anti-submarine aircraft. It carries torpedoes and depth charges. (Cost: 14)

C-130 Air Transport Unit: The C-130 is a large transport aircraft. (Cost: 12, can carry 1 ground unit)

AH-1J Attack Helicopter Unit: The AH-1J is an American built helicopter.. It carries anti-tank and anti-ground weapons. (Cost: 8)

Mi-17 Helicopter Transport Unit: The Mi-17 can carry 1 infantry unit of any type. It is armed with only light weapons. (Cost: 8, can carry 1 Airborne Paratrooper infantry unit)

CH-47 Helicopter Transport Unit: The CH-47 is a large transport helicopter. It is unarmed. (Cost: 10, can carry 1 infantry unit of any type)

Naval Units:

’Saam’ Class Frigate: The Saam Class carries anti-ship and anti-aircraft weapons. (Cost: 15)

’Bayandor’ Class Frigate: This ship carries advanced anti-submarine and anti-aircraft weapons systems. (Cost: 12)

’Al Zel’ Class Frigate: The Al Zel carries no anti-submarine weapons but is carries some good anti-ship and anti-aircraft weapons. (Cost: 14)

‘Faluza’ Class Missile Patrol Boat: The ‘Faluzal’ is a small ship that carries anti-ship missiles, this ship is intended for defensive operations. (Cost: 6)

'Ropucha’ Class Landing Ship: The 'Ropucha’ class carries 1 ground unit. The 'Ropucha’ is used for landing on enemy beaches and it carries only light anti-aircraft weapons. (Cost: 20, can carry 1 ground unit)

Transport Ship: The Transport Ship carries no weapons; it only carries 2 ground units. It can carry 2 ground units but only from one friendly harbor to another or to a beachhead that has been secured. (Cost: 14, carries 2 ground units)

[ September 07, 2002, 18:02: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6494 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jester89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turn 1

Starting Credits: 100
Credit Income: 17

Buys:

x14 Infantry Units (28)
x2 Shilden Tank Units (24)
x4 F-14A Fighter Unit (48)

Credits Left-Over: 0
---

Turn 2

Starting Credits: 17

Buys:

x2 Safir 72 tank Unit (12)
x2 Infantry Units (4)

Credits Left-Over: 1
---

Turn 3

Starting Credits: 18

Buys:

Nothing, banks 18 Credits

Credits Left-Over: 18
---

Turn 4

Starting Credits: 35

Buys:

Nothing, banks 18 Credits

Credits Left-Over: 35
---

Turn 5

Starting Credits: 52

Buys:

x1 Factory (Complete on turn 7) (20)
x1 Trade Center (Complete on turn 9) (20)

Credits Left-Over: 12
---

Turn 6

Starting Credits: 29 (-12 given to Germany)

Buys:

Nothing

Credits Left-Over: 17

[ September 13, 2002, 09:40: Message edited by: Jester89 ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1577 (0.26 per day) | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6054 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

Put your purchases in one post only. Just edit it when you need to add more. And you're missing a lot of stuff. Like your credit income and credits left over.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.95 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6188 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO HELLO

CREDIT INCOME IN YOU DAMN PURCHASES! YOU GOT TO HAVE A RECORD OF IT IN YOUR PURCHASES ALSO!

I've been damn well posting about this all day everday since the same started and before it started!

LAST WARNING! If you don't fix you purchases by tomorrow I'm going to start taking away credits. If you don't know what to do contact me on AIM.

--------------------
 -

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.95 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (6188 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

BU/\/\P

--------------------
 -

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

As of now all attacks posted by Jester will not be honored. All trade agreements with Jester will not be honored.

The ONLY WAY he will be allowed to continue this game is when he fixes his template.

YOU WERE WARNED, BUT YOU DID NOT LISTEN. NOW YOU ARE PUNISHED, AND THE ONLY WAY PERSON THAT CAN SAVE YOU IS YOURSELF.

However, judging by the way you completely ignored me shows that you don't have what it takes to save yourself. This is EXACTLY why you didn't get the U. S. of A. again. If you keep it up I'll find you a newer nation, something along the lines of Haiti, where you'll have no military. That why you won't even have to worry about keeping records, since you seem to be having such trouble with it.

I hate to sound like an asshole, but you're ruining it for the rest of us. I'm speaking to you as the moderator of this game, not as the player. And my job is to make sure the game is fun, and that everyone plays by the rules. I bet you're thinking this is very fun. Well it can't be fun unless you play by the rules.

FIX YOUR PURCHASES TO INCLUDE YOUR CREDIT INCOME.

--------------------
 -

Jester89  
Member # 651

I am listing them, tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll do my best to fix it.

BTW, you are being an asshole, but well, you're mod.

--------------------
 -

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

Well you set me off when you said something in a post which you now have deleted.

I'm going to EDIT you purchase for Day 2. I'm going to add something to it. Then you're going to do the same thing to rest of the days alright? If you do that you'll have a perfect template, and I'll stop buggin you.

--------------------
 -

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

PERFECT TEMPLATE!

You can keep playing now lol.

[ September 12, 2002, 03:50: Message edited by: Shagi_Fighter ]

--------------------
 -

Jester89  
Member # 651

No you didn't, I edited them. I looked at some other posts and saw what I was missing.

--------------------
 -

Jester89  
Member # 651

Well that's friggin' wonderful, but now I can't defend myself. Soo, what's the point of playing even?

--------------------
 -

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

Defend youself from what?

The only real player nation next to you is Iraq. Pakistan player hasn't started yet, we are not sure if he is playing.

--------------------
 -

Jester89  
Member # 651

People from different nations can invade. WWII, WWI, Vietnam, Gulf War...

So I still can't defend my self AND I can't trade. Well this is just a GREAT game so far. [Wink] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whos gonna ivnade u? [Confused]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6494 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah... who? [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.32 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (6416 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jester89  
Member # 651

**Eyes kenny and gbotto**

I rest my case. [Wink]

[ September 12, 2002, 21:42: Message edited by: Jester89 ]

--------------------
 -

Jester89  
Member # 651

Yet another BU/\/\P. [Frown]

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*