Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Modern Wargame   » counter attack rules

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: counter attack rules
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hypothetical situation. #1

i (USA) do my turn. no attacks, no nothing, just units being built and sitting around in their countries/oceans.
because i knew i might have no access to a PC for the next day, i did my whole turn at 1 am GMT.
now later in the day, britain and france come allong order the following:
"Attack the american fleet with subs, as a surprise attack"
i do find the time to visit the forum and see the attack. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
A. can i 'issue new' orders to my fleets to 'reorganize' them to be prepared for an attack?
B. can i change my buys to include a sub killing ship and plane?
C. can i order ANYTHING, or am i bound to my turn cause i already posted it and anything i would change now would be a RESPOSE to a surprise attack, which is basicaly saying that i knew about it before hand?

hypothetical situation #2

I have a small fleet in the atlantic. i again do my turn early in the day and have over 200 cr saved up. now later in the day the british attack me with a superiour fleet, could i?:
A. Spend the saved up Cash to grow my fleet BEFORE the attack hit?
B. Spend the cash to bribe a LOT of other nations to send their fleets and DESTROY the british fleet while (or before) its attacking mine?
C. Do ANYTHING to save my fleet?

Hypothetical situations #3

England and Japan invade the USA. i have NOT done my turn yet.
A. is anything i do gonna be labeled as "well he did it AFTER the attack is posted, so his units are not prepared and he shouldnt even be allowed to BUY any!"?

B. if i get other counties to attack england and japan, will they (japan and england) have a chance at turning their invasion forces around to use as defence? or are they commited to the attack, and thats it?

to the mods.. please answer all the questions.

1A
1B
1C
2A
2B
2C
3A
3B
not just some of them. i know that some seem redundant, but they ARE different situations.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame
Premier of the CCCP in the Cold War Game

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6071 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.C
2.C
3.A

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6525 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some of those the questions are confuse

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6525 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, glen. your responses and their implications.

1C. means that ANYONE who does their turn early in the day (like most people have been doing) is screwed because when they get attacked after they do their turn, they cant defend ( ie, they wouldnt put, "the ships are running continuous active sonar" and so on so its a surprise attack and they are dead)

2C. means that noone can buy anything, because having cash is the BEST defence, its the only time you can 'react' to an attack. (unless you misunderstood the answer and you meant that i CANT do anything, which would fit better with the first question)

3A if you post an attack at 1 minute past midnight, then you will effectively deny the victim their turn, because they cant do anything as it would be "responding to an attack", so they have to skip their turn.

now lets see what fighter answers. he usualy has more common sense. and glen i am being nasty to you in this cause i asked you to explain this and you logged of, thats rude, and i'm being rude in return

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6071 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
can u tell me a time in history when an army was told to "hold on" as their victim had time to build up tanks and planes?

nope, you cant [Smile]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
its confusing cause you seem to think its 3 questions with multiple answers that you get to pick one from,

its actualy 8 questions

if you answer had been somehitng like this then it would make sense.

1A, no you cant do that
1B, no you cant do that
1C, no you cant because the only 2 options you have is A and B, and you cant do those

2A, yes you can redo your turn to spend you cash, but the new units will be built AFTER you old fleet is sunk
2B, not while or before, cause they need time to get there. so same result as A
2C nope, its a gonner

3A well, yes, they posted an attack before you did your turn so you CANT DO ANYTHING THIS TURN cause that would be a response
3B well, ofcourse then can, you they can actualy attack you and then come back to defend their home land in the same turn.

by the way, i WILL DELETE these 'example' replies so you CANNOT say, "yes just like you said' you HAVE to answer them yourself

and i WONT do my turn (or any future turn) untill i know how these rules work. and that will freeze britain an japan, cause you cant resolve combat where the attacked doesnt know about the attack (thats from game 3 btw). and i havent looked at the attacks yet.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
ahh i see

here is the final verdict:

buying units after u;ve been invaded maybe the cheapest thing ever done. end of story [Smile]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
can u tell me a time in history when an army was told to "hold on" as their victim had time to build up tanks and planes?

nope, you cant [Smile]

you dumb ass this is a TURN BASED GAME. we have TURNS for a reason, no?
if you want a real time game then you should get rid of the idea of turns. or atleast explain the purpose of the whole turn thing.

i thought the turns were here so that a person could NOT get screwed just because someone else is in a time zone where they are awake at midnight GMT or because someone has more free time on their hands

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
im not talking to you anymore because you called me the 'Dumb ass' [Smile]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
ahh i see

here is the final verdict:

buying units after u;ve been invaded maybe the cheapest thing ever done. end of story [Smile]

it may be the cheapest thing ever done, but it makes sense in this game.

are you telling me that i dont get to do turn 16 at all because japan and england attacked me at 1 am GMT?

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You cant re-arange your orders for say where your fleet goes, just as much as speding credits on 16 as if it was 14, play the game like chess, plan your move and if you move, you move and not take the piece back.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6262 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
roddy thinks he can like teleport ships back and forth and he can suddenly spot hidden subs! LMAO [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Smile]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn, you've made it VERY clear this rule is simply for you.

Basically, the rule has ALWAYS been that you respond to an attack with your turn buys and defence.

But now you've changed it JUST before you attack China, who has lots of money saved.

Suspicious? I think so.

Now it also means that tonnes of attacks will be posted at exactly midnight, so that everyone can attack before people get to do their turn.

Which screws anyone in a nasty time zone, or who's out.

Thanks Glenn, you've just single handedly wrecked the wargame for everyone, the whole point of a turn based game is that you don't HAVE to be on when everyone else is!

Nemesis

--------------------
 -
President Nemesis of the People's Republic of China

With the might of Xin Sheng, China will rise once more!

Posts: 1580 (0.24 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (6525 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
junglist, you are plaing as both black and white, so stay out of this

glen is trying to tell me that because you made your move first i cant do my move at all

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
did u give italian troops in russia a chance?

NOPE

i didn't think so FAG [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
and please dont bring last turns sea battle into this discussion.

you(france and england) made you turn BEFORE i did mine (cheating in chess) but i had the honor to follow through and let my fleet be sunk, now this turn you (junglist and glen) want to DENY me a turn ALLTOGETHER.

yep if you make this like chess then you have just done 3 turns in a row (or if you disregard last turn's fiasco then its 2 turns in a row).

so who's cheating now?

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
how did u get 1204 credits this turn?

umm wtf u homo, go suck stalin's cock FAG [Roll Eyes]

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
hey glen,why dont you just quickly delete this whole forum, before you make a COMPLETE ass of your self.

it worked last time.
but i dont think ANYONE will play another of your games if you do it again.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
once again i say

"go suck a dick u fag"

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RoddyVR:
junglist, you are plaing as both black and white, so stay out of this

Huh ... ?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.49 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6262 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by RoddyVR:
and please dont bring last turns sea battle into this discussion.

you(france and england) made you turn BEFORE i did mine (cheating in chess) but i had the honor to follow through and let my fleet be sunk, now this turn you (junglist and glen) want to DENY me a turn ALLTOGETHER.

yep if you make this like chess then you have just done 3 turns in a row (or if you disregard last turn's fiasco then its 2 turns in a row).

so who's cheating now?

This isnt a game of chess, I was merely making an analogy ...

--------------------
 -

RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
YOU are the MOD of this game (or at least you think you are)

you have to get the rules to WORK, and i dont mean in your favor.

if the rules stay like you say, then i am finished BECAUSE JUNGLIST attacked before i did my turn. which kills the whole TURN thing.

if it happens this way, then i'm out of the game but i leave with a final message:
i suggest someone buy a LOT of little boats and attack EVERY country at 12:01 GMT EVERY turn, that way, you will be the ONLY one who can do turns. because everyone else will have to sit there and do nothing because they already got attacked that turn(every turn).

its a guaranteed way to win the game. you can conquer the world.
well, it will have to be a forum Moderator or a superviser, cause other wise Glen will just ban you from the forum and you wont be able to post your attacks.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
go fuck youself u homo

u have like no life u little cock sucker

go lick the CUM off of UKFraudNemesis's cock

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Demetrias  
Member # 658

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demetrias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn why don't you shut up. The only people who curse this much are fools who know they have been caught out.

--------------------
" There is always two a master and an apprentice."
Don Rapheal Fiore

Posts: 212 (0.03 per day) | From: Laporte, Texas | Registered: Aug 2002 (6071 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
once again i say

"ur gay, go lick the cum off of UKFraudNemeeis's Cock"

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn, why do you resort to insults when you know you can't win an argument?

It's really childish, and makes a debate with you worthless.

This new rule is pathetic, everyone I've talked to agrees with me there, and yet you introduce it just so you can beat China.

To be honest I don't really care about China. I put some work into the nation's thread, but I'll admit with my absence due to busy life recently I haven't been able to keep up with it like I should.

But my hard work isn't the reason I'm pissed. If this was a fair attack, I'd be fine with it - to be honest being out of the game may be easier cause I really am screwed for time.

The reason I'm pissed is that a new rule that you made has been created to basically screw me over, and it seems like it can VERY easily be abused.

Response? And please make it a decent one, insults don't work.

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1580 (0.24 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (6525 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
my response:

go get hit by a car u homo, go worship ur paper girlfreind, redeemr was right about u, ur gay

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so sad when someone can't even string together sentences to answer simple questions simply because they're losing an argument.

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
"ur teh gay"

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*