Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Cold War Game Forum   » a few questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a few questions
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok. so i got a few questions.

1. Do we have to post every 'white' unit we buy in this forum?
i mean do we have to post that we bought 4 infantry and 2 of this type of tank, and 3 migs. or can we just say 20 cr or amry, 30 of airforse.

2. Glenn, your the mod, and you'll know everytgin BOTH sides are doing. so is it safe to 'discuss government secrets' with you? or are you reserving the right to 'spy' for one side or the other? i dont mean the bought 'spy missions' i mean just like telling one side what you were talking about with the other side.

3. this is sort of a technical question: are there other people who could get into BOTH country forums? like admins(or even regular mods) and so forth?

4. as i understand it for now, 'Black Budget' only covers Nukes and spys. is that right or is there something else i'm missing?

5. if we wanted to build a sub and keep it secret from the other guys, could we put it in the 'black budget'? how about other units?

6. just curiosity: how come the country forums arent "within" the public game forum? how come they outside, in the "wargames" group?

7. yesterday we had some 'conserns' about the wrong people being in the country forums. is that all settled now? who controls the passwords? and how often can we change em? how come the CCCP forum didnt ask me for one today?(technical question i guess)

8. what is the 'goal' of the game? to take over the other country? to blow them off the face of the planet? to avoid war? to just have fun? to get into HUGE arguments with your 'teammates'? to dispute the decisions of those in higher rolls in the team (UK, [Mad] ) ?

9. whats the roll of all the other countries in the game? the neutrals (or allies), are they worth conquering/assimilating/blowing up?

10. it seems to me like there is a SEVERE shortage of cash (maybe its just for now). how do we raise our income the quickest? (well ok, put the 2nd quickest way here, and tell me the 1st quickest on AIM)

well guess 10 is a good round number (plus some of those have more then one in them), so thats it for now.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame
Premier of the CCCP in the Cold War Game

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6113 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-dkumral600-  
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -dkumral600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
8. what is the 'goal' of the game? to take over the other country? to blow them off the face of the planet? to avoid war? to just have fun? to get into HUGE arguments with your 'teammates'? to dispute the decisions of those in higher rolls in the team (UK, ) ?
well i hope we have fun, or what would be the point of playing? [Big Grin] [Smile] [Wink]

also glenn u mentioned something about each side getting added points once in a while, can u clarify how this will work?

--------------------
 -

-dk-

Posts: 2207 (0.33 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2001 (6548 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoddyVR  
Member # 660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoddyVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well ofcourse a game has to be fun. [Wink]
but what i meant by that is "is fun the ONLY objective?" or is there another one(or more) also.

--------------------
USA in Modern WarGame
Premier of the CCCP in the Cold War Game

Posts: 403 (0.06 per day) | From: Russian in USA | Registered: Aug 2002 (6113 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. any 'white' unit is posted

2. you may discuss secret things, rule questions etc.. with me, i wont give information away

3. only admins and people who know the passwrod have access, that is why i have disallowed admins from playing

4. Black budget =
-anything nuclear
-spies/operations
-research of new units/facilities/nuclear systems
-secret negoiations with non-player nations
-buying units that are considered 'not discovered yet' (units u research, once the other power 'discovers' them you can post them in the 'white' purchases)

5. submarines may go into the black budget

6. i didn't setup the forums so i dont know

7. the passwrods were changed to much more complex ones and AFAIK they are in the right hands (if you have any suspicsons please tell me over AIM)

8. the goal of this game is to win the cold war, either with military force, political force (converting most of the world to your goverment type), or just making wise use of spies and agents to disrupte your enemy political idealogy. i dont recommend an 'all out attack' since as we know that didn't happen in Real Life and there was a reason for that (mautally assured descurtion) [Wink]

9. neutral nations will take a more active roll in this game, if you check the offical 'INFO' topic for info on starting alliances. This game will have many active random events, going on a war 'of conquest' is not recommended since you may find yourself quickly being isolated...

10. every 7 or 8 turns each nation will get +10 to its income to represent growth over time of economies

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.17 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*