Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Automobile Forum   » Gbotto's car

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gbotto's car
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.33 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6395 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"truck" would be a better description [Wink]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6527 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was that the one he clamied to never accept [Razz]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.85 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6540 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ye he accepted it tho

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.33 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (6395 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i would have accepted too, you gonna do any modifications glen?
Posts: 4159 (0.63 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6527 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
what mods are u doin paul?

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pdykstra600:
yeah i would have accepted too, you gonna do any modifications glen?

no its fine as it is
Posts: 7713 (1.18 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6527 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah

im gonna ride my jetta stock for a while, since i have a 2 year warranty on it and id rather not void that. eventually i will prolly do some work on, such as upgrade the chip, air intake, exhaust, etc... i may eventually supercharge it, which would give it a huge boost... http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=46|J4&type=11<ype=ns_euro&p_id=619

Posts: 4159 (0.63 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (6527 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
i am gonna first do work on my sound system tho.. i need to get a cd deck first (havnt decided on what yet but prolly either Alpine or Pioneer) and then eventaully put some new speakers in and maybe some subs in back
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pdykstra600:
yeah

im gonna ride my jetta stock for a while, since i have a 2 year warranty on it and id rather not void that. eventually i will prolly do some work on, such as upgrade the chip, air intake, exhaust, etc... i may eventually supercharge it, which would give it a huge boost... http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=46|J4&type=11<ype=ns_e uro&p_id=619

supercharging is pretty expensive so if your gonna do it, be sure you have a really good shop to oversee it

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
yeah its about 2700 for the supercharger, but it provides around 40% more horsepower to the rear wheels so its well worth it
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -ReDeeMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i bet in two years ur car would have been written off - so forget about mods for it, instead think of a new car

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5617 (0.85 per day) | From: Anytown | Registered: May 2001 (6540 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
errm
-ReDeeMeR Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 5

Member Rated:
i place a bet that within two years ur car will be in a junk yard [Smile]

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go for an Alpine head unit over a pioneer. My brother had the latter and it was nowhere as near as good as my alpine which cost half the price. [Wink]

Thats IF sound quality means anything to you over crappy little animated dolphins and such.

One more thing, you never need more than one good sub, I still don't understand how people can't grasp this. If you have 2 subs running from 1 amp then you're only splitting the power to the 2 subs meaning you only end up with the same output. Unless you have 2 amps and 2 subs, which there is really no need for because 1 good sub gives you more than enough bass, and think how much it would weight you down having all of that crap in your boot.

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6503 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
alpine is good but check out kenwood

--------------------
 -

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
thanks for the tips

i was thinking about getting this model right here

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-RYAywiSWwqv/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=300&I=500CDA9805&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
or maybe this one altho its a bit more expensive -

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpcda9813&showspecs=1&rpc=344&catid=347

KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
no its fine as it is

It is a sweet ride Glen, but that comment is BS, Cherokees (esp. the V8) need to breathe. You should at least get a CAI (Cold Air Induction) K&N make a decent kit for the inline six aswell as the V8. At the very least drop in a K&N filter.

Then a cat back exhaust I prefer Stainless Steel ones like Borla, Magnaflow and Corsa (stay away from Flowmaster, hooker, and the like) That will add aprox. 30-40hp to the pavement and give you way betta throttle responce and gas milege.

Be warned tho once you get bitten by the mod bug thare is no turning back.

--------------------
Ravaged by a Savage - Konan 2001
 -
Beauty/strength/power/the ability to lead others, etc are all a thing of spirit that comes from within and has little or nothing to do with what region you reside/the amount of pigment in one’s skin/genetics/upbringing/etc.–Konan 2001

Posts: 2409 (0.36 per day) | From: Frozen Wasteland called Canada | Registered: May 2001 (6517 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one is a newer version of mine, although it doesn't say on the site as far as i could tell, it can play cd-r/rw's aswell but not mp3's [Frown] But it's still a very good head unit.

I wouldn't know which to go for.... Obviously the more expensive one is more powerful, but it's 50% on the price of the first I'd find it hard to justify spending that. If you've got plenty of money go for the 2nd, if it's a case of saving money etc go for the 1st...

I've never found those remotes useful myself, it's hard to find somewhere where they are more convinient to use than the actual unit itself [Frown] . They have so many small buttons on you dont know what you're pressing. Whereas on the unit you have a big dial, that when you use you don't even need to take your eyes off the road. It could just be a case of getting used to one?

[ 29 July 2003, 05:35: Message edited by: 2-D ]

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.99 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6503 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KONAN:
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
no its fine as it is

It is a sweet ride Glen, but that comment is BS, Cherokees (esp. the V8) need to breathe. You should at least get a CAI (Cold Air Induction) K&N make a decent kit for the inline six aswell as the V8. At the very least drop in a K&N filter.

Then a cat back exhaust I prefer Stainless Steel ones like Borla, Magnaflow and Corsa (stay away from Flowmaster, hooker, and the like) That will add aprox. 30-40hp to the pavement and give you way betta throttle responce and gas milege.

Be warned tho once you get bitten by the mod bug thare is no turning back.

I really dont want to put much anything into it since it will be sold by March/April

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
yeah remote seems useless for the most part, i only see use for it if you were playing music from your car but you wernt in or something... and as for mp3 support i dont see it as being that big of a deal, who needs 200 songs on one disc anyway? plus i might as well spend the extra money on speakers and such
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
2d what kind of car do you drive/
2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
 -

They don't sell them in the US.

It's called a Vauxhall Corsa.

P.S. sorry about the shit quality of the picture, I lost hell of a lot when I had to scale it down from a 2400 x 1800 [Frown]

[ 01 August 2003, 11:50: Message edited by: 2-D ]

--------------------

pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
you should have used photoshop to scale it down

it looks pretty nice, similar in a way to the VW Golf... what kinda engine is in there?

you guys have Jettas over there right? i think you might call them Boras

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
It hasn't got a very big engine, infact it's kinda small lol. But it's great at cornering and it's really fun to drive. I would of got something with a bigger engine if it hadn't been for insurance, at the moment I'm paying about £2000 a year thats about $3500 heh...

Yeah I've no idea why they are called Boras, sounds a bit shit compared to Jetta, but I like them. I wouldn't get a VW around here mainly because my brother had one and the dealers around here are absolute dicks.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*