Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » Automobile Forum   » Fastest you have gone in a car?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fastest you have gone in a car?
Duck_Fat Administrator 
Fear The Duck
Member # 179

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duck_Fat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the faster you have gone in a car and what is the fastest you have gone in a car while driving?

I hit 137 Mph in my mustang with 4 other people in there before i ran out of room. The thing is that it pulled like a mother fucker until it hit that speed. To go any faster it would take some time.

--------------------
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-Stephen Roberts

"Relationships are so easy thanks to the internet.. you can establish and destroy them at the touch of a few keys! It all starts with 3 letters, asl and ends with stfu!"

"sir you're drunk"
"Madame, youre ugly, tomorrow i will be sober and you will remain ugly"

-Winston Churchill and the Duchess of York

-
 -

Posts: 3501 (0.54 per day) | From: maui, hawaii | Registered: Aug 2001 (6397 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
157 mph in my dads vr6, it was midnight down a duel carriageway, damm scary!
Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6184 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
105ish in my v6 ranger

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.47 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6125 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its possibly the time when i was driven to 128 mph, in my mate's renault clio on britians highest motorway/highway

--------------------
"All This fucking self knowledge, where the fuck has it got me?" - Tony Soprano

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

for all other enquiries, visit my Arkans Fan Center

Posts: 10646 (1.64 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6475 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went at 145mph when I was 13. Subaru Impreza Catalunya. (I also went a similar speed on one of my ex-neighbours 911 S4)

I was in my Dad's car driving along the motorway and a poser in a punto sporting convirtable drove for miles in the fast lane holding us up when there were none in the other lane, silly and irrisponsible I know but my dad drove right up their ass. After a couple of miles they got the hint and pulled over only to pull back in again behind my dad and try to push him, so he put his foot down and I saw the speedo take off.

There is a rumour I went 115mph in my 1.2 Fiat Punto lol (when I had it).

Although I'm more interested in acceleration and handling.

[ 24 August 2003, 21:31: Message edited by: 2-D.. ]

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (1 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6451 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squabbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
105 in my friends volkswagon passat. on rt 84

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1342 (0.22 per day) | From: Happy Land!!!! | Registered: Dec 2002 (5913 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arkan:
its possibly the time when i was driven to 128 mph, in my mate's renault clio on britians highest motorway/highway

Ahh the good old(new) M62, you can hit 100 on that and not realise it!

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (1 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (6451 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BottoBabe  
Jac 2 tha Que 2 tha Lyn
Member # 914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BottoBabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
122 mph in my friends mitsubishi eclipse when he raced his brother and 120 in my friends Acura..we were doing around 75 and the guy in the passenger seat goes "your gonna have an orgasm when we hit this tunnel" and i was like um...? then john hit 120 in the tunnel lol...not too fast but im still young! lol im only 14 i dont even have my license haha

[ 27 August 2003, 01:42: Message edited by: BottoBabe ]

--------------------
 -

Message me on AIM: O Jackie 32

Posts: 37 (0 per day) | From: NJ,USA | Registered: Jul 2003 (5683 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
18 MPH on my bicycle.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.85 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5947 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for XXXman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you bitch when your post get deleted lardso but when you spam like that they deserve to be deleted!
Posts: 2055 (0.33 per day) | From: londinium | Registered: Mar 2002 (6184 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squabbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats pretty slow for a bike steve. ive done like 45 on mine

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1342 (0.22 per day) | From: Happy Land!!!! | Registered: Dec 2002 (5913 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by XXXman:
you bitch when your post get deleted lardso but when you spam like that they deserve to be deleted!

Guess what! You're dumb!

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.85 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (5947 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not claiming the accuracy of my Speedo at top end but my car stock has a top speed of 168mph.

Well my car is far from stock and I have achieved top speed on several occasions just for the thrill alone.

In a car speeds approaching +200 is not near as noticeable as on a street bike where you feel the drag coefficient allot more.

VV00t~ hot rodding does have its benefits.

--------------------
Ravaged by a Savage - Konan 2001
 -
Beauty/strength/power/the ability to lead others, etc are all a thing of spirit that comes from within and has little or nothing to do with what region you reside/the amount of pigment in one’s skin/genetics/upbringing/etc.–Konan 2001

Posts: 2409 (0.37 per day) | From: Frozen Wasteland called Canada | Registered: May 2001 (6465 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arkan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SirLardsAlot:
18 MPH on my bicycle.

lmao, ive atleast doubled that on my bicycle

--------------------

-

If you have a problem or need any help or advice in regards to the forum, email me at ultravision23@hotmail.com. If you want the speediest resolution of your problem, try to be descriptive about the problem as possible and give me your username. I know this is rather cliched but from experience trust me it helps, thank you.

Posts: 10646 (1.64 per day) | From: London Calling | Registered: May 2001 (6475 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Guess what! You're dumb!
oh no now i'm offended! lol try again when you mature!
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
125mph in my Vauxhaul Astra ... nice sunny day, a long open road in the south west. Got scary because at 115 my car starts to become very light ...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6213 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkered  

The sooner you fall behind, the
more time you have to catch up

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my first car was a Kia so the top speed was about 74mph [Big Grin] Now my "car" is a jeep Wrangler and I've had it about 95mph (no need to go any faster in a Wrangler) I had a motorcycle a CBR F3 and I crused along along at 120mph easly. I never maxed any of them out. No big deal to me but I was driving a KIA [Big Grin] and my Wrangler (I love it) but neither were built for speed.

--------------------
Come back and I shall taunt you a second time.
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6161 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
it always puzzled me what either was built for!
Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arkan:
quote:
18 MPH on my bicycle.

lmao, ive atleast doubled that on my bicycle
thats because you can peddle faster than that uphill on a tricycle

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.47 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (6125 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
make mine 159 this time, my dad thought it would be fun to teach a guy in an mx5 what a real sports car is! dam fun tho!
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should add I also have 11 points on my license for speeding. I should have 12, but the nice duty solicitor worked a treat ... [Wink]

*Note to non UK ... 12 points is a 12 month ban*

--------------------
 -

Posts: 9347 (1.5 per day) | From: Gloucestershire, England | Registered: Feb 2002 (6213 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
didn't they offer you the re-education session instead of the points?

my dad had the fine and teh points or the fine and spending 2 hours watchin a vid of crahes due to speeding! i'll take the vid any day!

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

quote:
make mine 159 this time, my dad thought it would be fun to teach a guy in an mx5 what a real sports car is! dam fun tho!

what car were you driving?

change mine: 113-115 top speed on my truck

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
i wasn't driving it cus i'm not insane! its a vr6 with soem interesting modifications, the fact the suspension is rock hard and the whole car is suvbstantially lowered with a neat bit of kit managing the engine! plus teh a45 is dead straight
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
quote:
didn't they offer you the re-education session instead of the points?

my dad had the fine and teh points or the fine and spending 2 hours watchin a vid of crahes due to speeding! i'll take the vid any day!

Nah, unfortunatly they didnt. I will pay for it in the terms of insurance forthe next couple of years. Taught me a lesson though, but as usual I had to do it the hard way.

--------------------
 -

KONAN  
Member # 75

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KONAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
18 MPH on my bicycle.

This is a somewhat funny comment in the car forum Lard.

That is a decent speed on a trike tho:

-

--------------------
Ravaged by a Savage - Konan 2001
 -
Beauty/strength/power/the ability to lead others, etc are all a thing of spirit that comes from within and has little or nothing to do with what region you reside/the amount of pigment in one’s skin/genetics/upbringing/etc.–Konan 2001

Posts: 2409 (0.37 per day) | From: Frozen Wasteland called Canada | Registered: May 2001 (6465 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arkan Administrator 

UßerAdmin

Member # 1

Rate Member
quote:

lmao, classic [Big Grin]

--------------------

-

Mighty Cranium  
Member # 129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Cranium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KONAN:
quote:
18 MPH on my bicycle.

-

LMAO .. LARDSO AWAY ! .... I wonder if lardass can take this kid on his trike . I'm sure it would be a hell of a race

--------------------
So full of air
So full of anything
Unsuitable scrap iron
sweepings in the ground
Flies in the house

Posts: 3871 (0.6 per day) | From: I am CANADIAN | Registered: Jun 2001 (6441 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squabbles Moderator 
Member # 736

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Cranium:
quote:
Originally posted by KONAN:
quote:
18 MPH on my bicycle.

-

LMAO .. LARDSO AWAY ! .... I wonder if lardass can take this kid on his trike . I'm sure it would be a hell of a race
yeah man... it sure would

--------------------
 -

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Hahah, I hate everyone here.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Mighty Cranium  
Member # 129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Cranium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
So full of air
So full of anything
Unsuitable scrap iron
sweepings in the ground
Flies in the house

Posts: 3871 (0.6 per day) | From: I am CANADIAN | Registered: Jun 2001 (6441 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
Hahah ... now that is funny ...

--------------------
 -

SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
ah how the sad pass their time! its strange but i only find the ones about hellsatan amusing, although that has that sort of je ne sais SHITE about it!
Mighty Cranium  
Member # 129

Rate Member
quote:
ah how the sad pass their time! its strange but i only find the ones about hellsatan amusing, although that has that sort of je ne sais SHITE about it!

[sarcasm] Yes .. anyone who spends a whole 5 mins to paste a face onto a pic is definitely sad .. as opposed to those of you who strickly use text I'm sorry I failed to live up to your oh so high standards please dont hate me [/sarcasm]

Please enlighten us as to how you pass your time , your highness

--------------------
So full of air
So full of anything
Unsuitable scrap iron
sweepings in the ground
Flies in the house

Duck_Fat Administrator 
Fear The Duck
Member # 179

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duck_Fat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO!

--------------------
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-Stephen Roberts

"Relationships are so easy thanks to the internet.. you can establish and destroy them at the touch of a few keys! It all starts with 3 letters, asl and ends with stfu!"

"sir you're drunk"
"Madame, youre ugly, tomorrow i will be sober and you will remain ugly"

-Winston Churchill and the Duchess of York

-
 -

Posts: 3501 (0.54 per day) | From: maui, hawaii | Registered: Aug 2001 (6397 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Kia cheap decent car. Wrangler well it will go places your 150mph car could never think of. Like over railroad tracks. Wrangler is off road, mud flinging, boat pulling, camping away from annoying people, and snow loving vehical. Speed is over rated in most cases. What does it prove ?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 700 (0.11 per day) | From: Mooresville, NC | Registered: Mar 2002 (6161 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
off road mud slinging? excuse me but there are only a few cars which can actually manage offroad. a ture offroad car is a range rover wich can also manage in excess of 150mph is teh hight of luzury and will go through a hell of a lot more challenging conditions that a jeep! a kia is low quality and serves litle to know use. cheaper cars exist so anyone on a budget will plump for the cheaper as to buy one means tehy obviously have no style so they certainly wont pay more money for a kia!

i sped my time striving for an education and to achieve a succesful career! while in my spare time i socialise. [sarcasm]wich i'm sure you can relate too[/sarcasm]

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
quote:
off road mud slinging? excuse me but there are only a few cars which can actually manage offroad. a ture offroad car is a range rover wich can also manage in excess of 150mph is teh hight of luzury and will go through a hell of a lot more challenging conditions that a jeep! a kia is low quality and serves litle to know use. cheaper cars exist so anyone on a budget will plump for the cheaper as to buy one means tehy obviously have no style so they certainly wont pay more money for a kia!

i sped my time striving for an education and to achieve a succesful career! while in my spare time i socialise. [sarcasm]wich i'm sure you can relate too[/sarcasm]

Land Rover will go off road yes but not everyone wants to throw good money out the window (Land Rover $70,000 American dollars). I wanted a vehical that will do off roading just as good or better then the Land Rover off the lot.

Taken from Car and Driver
Thanks in part to its new rack-and-pinion steering and surprisingly modest levels of wind noise, the Range Rover is an effortless highway cruiser, although its substantial sail area can make it jittery in brisk crosswinds. With its ZF 5HP24 automatic notched in fifth, the big machine will laze along the interstates at 75 to 80 mph with the tach needle hovering below 3000 rpm. Higher revs under acceleration offer the bonus of a lusty V-8 exhaust note, and those seeking more performance can call on the BMW-developed Steptronic for manual override, gearchanging at the 6000-rpm redline. This permits the Range Rover to reach 60 mph in a reasonable 9.6 seconds. Top speed is computer-controlled at 130 mph, although weight and frontal area retard its quarter-mile time to 17.0 seconds at a tepid 80 mph.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=1877

Now the Cherokee which would be the closest to the Land Rover

Top speed (governor limited) . . . 114 mph 113 mph
Price as tested: $37,385 (base price: $34,715)
From car and driver too. They both do the same thing and the Jeep is just about 1/2 the price. While my poor wrangle comes in at $19,370.

So in order to have a car, it needs to have style ??? LMAO and because I owned a Kia I was cheap LOL, Your really cracking me up here. Yes Kia was the car for my budget when I was in the army making crap. I did not have one problem with my Kia and it was a very relible car, cheap yes, stylish, no not really but does it really matter ???

What does it matter what other people drive as long as they are happy in it ?????

quote:
Did I miss something but I did not understand that sentence at all ?

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
that was directed at mighty cranium for his lackluster attempt at humour!

wow range rover only 70 thou dollars?????? fuckin hell thast cheap, i'd even put up with your bastard wrong hand drive for that much saving! hmmm love it how they slow it down for you americans tho! here they keep it fast so the police can get fat over speed camera fines!

the cherokee is so much cheaper for a lot of reasons, take them off road and you'll see why, for a start teh wheelbase is much too short, and teh chassis is also too low, the range is a lot more spacious tahn the decieving cherokee which gives the impression of space but is quite claustrophobic, not to mention the fact that teh cherokee drinks petrol like cheap pop!

Checkered  

Member # 461

Member Rated:
Range Rover
EPA city/highway mpg 12/17
The Rover’s stance can be elevated via air springs at the touch of a button to offer 11 inches of ground clearance for work in the woods, yet its lowered highway stance (8.8 inches off the deck)

Jeep
EPA city/highway mpg 14–15/19–21
Ground Clearance - Ground Clearance (at curb weight) - 8.7 in So all the expensive Land rover has over the Jeep is .1 inches (3.1 inches with air springs working) in vehical height. Which can be easly fixed in a jeep for nary the price tag of the Land Rover.

Plus I like the looks of the Jeep better. Personal preference I guess.

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
you do have a point tho but i dont think that i would say that the jeep is better looking tho, but again its personal preference. the only bad thing about teh rover is that it has been popularised by rappers and otehr celebs now creating a false image wich it doesn't deserve becasue it is excellent off road, and is better as can be seen in any simple tests off road than the jeep. i love the fact its got an automatic hill descent button, wich really works well!!!!
Bronx Administrator 
Administrator
Member # 402

Member Rated:
In terms of Land Rovers being good off road, you all seem to jave looked over the Lanny defender.

I was watching a car programme where they were testing all of these new 4wd 'off road vehicles' in the wet hilly slidy bumpy countryside. There was a farmer with an almost 40 year old Land Rover Defender which pissed all over Jeep, BMW, the Land Rover Discovery etc etc ... it was even used to pull some of them out when they got stuck in mud.

--------------------
 -

XXXman  
gigidy gigidy gigidy
Member # 418

Member Rated:
i saw it as well! when clarkson totalled his land cruiser into the trees! the range rover made it tho! but the defender is aso a solid car! but we were mentioning luxury and power also, 2 things wich are not synonomous with a defender

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*