Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Sigos Clan   » Sigos Clan General Forum   » Finland 5 - Austria 1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finland 5 - Austria 1
Sigos_Scorpio Administrator 
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, world championships has started good (hockey), which are held in here Finland. anyone here watch these games?
one real good surprise result already in first day; Danmark kicked USA...c thats why i like this sport, anything is possible

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (5950 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Taurus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool, well i dont really watch ice hockey- we dont get it over here, i sometimes watch it on satalitte tv but not for long (damn finland, german, french commentators).
USA aren't very good are they? i always thought canada being the best, then sweden 2nd best.

--------------------
ZN: Sigos_Taurus_
 -

Posts: 227 (0.03 per day) | From: surrey, england | Registered: Apr 2003 (5870 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Taurus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keep posting the results.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 227 (0.03 per day) | From: surrey, england | Registered: Apr 2003 (5870 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NHL is the only real hockey leauge in the world, watch it and see US and Canadian teams

NJ Devils rule

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.17 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
NJ Devils rule

Yeah they do. Ever been to any Devils games Glenn?

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6038 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, lots of em

[ April 26, 2003, 21:59: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (1.17 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (6567 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirLardsAlot Moderator 

Forum Idiot
Member # 715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirLardsAlot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, I've been to about 9 or 10.

--------------------
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 5087 (0.84 per day) | From: Poopland | Registered: Oct 2002 (6038 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweden plääh, they were good back in 90- LOL
These days best international teams is like Thcek repuplic, Slovakia, Canada and surely Finland...although Sweden got good team in these championships too...
And league is league...its not same as worldchampionships...
current results...go in http://www.iihf.net

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (5950 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
hmm.... other shock result was USA lost to Switzerland...That means USA drops to qualifying group...do they stay in A group????

--------------------
 -

yeah_i_can_fly  
Member # 840

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeah_i_can_fly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEHEHEHE dont tell me u didnt expect that switzerland would make the next round HUH?! lol jk if they make it further ill be surprised by myself^^
Posts: 47 (0 per day) | Registered: Apr 2003 (5869 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Libra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all!
I always watch Championship Hockey and USA has been very lame this time...i dont know why they are playing so sucky [Frown]
I bet that in semifinals there are Thcek, Slovakia, Canada and Finland [Big Grin]

Posts: 164 (0.02 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2003 (5868 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now Finland won Slovenija 12 - 0 but next one will be real meter to Finnish team, Czhek repuplic

--------------------
 -

yeah_i_can_fly  
Member # 840

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yeah_i_can_fly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6:2 switzerland wins against denmark [Smile] makes em second of group hehehehehe, well lets see how far they get lol
Perse

Posts: 47 (0 per day) | Registered: Apr 2003 (5869 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Switzerland have played very good so far, gl for swiss team..well feet back to earth...Finland - Chzech Rep. 1 - 2.... it was gg, and C. R was better this time [Mad] lolz....well tourney continues

[ April 30, 2003, 16:27: Message edited by: Sigos_Scorpio ]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Libra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today it will be Finland against Slovakia...hmmm...its gonna be interesting [rolling_eyes]
Slovaks play pretty much like Czechs so i bet its gonna be hard and even match [Mad]

Posts: 164 (0.02 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2003 (5868 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow-warrior  
Member # 849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow-warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on that note
i was at scotland v austria (football)
wed 1 5 03
we were terrible got beat 2 - 0
lol [Big Grin]

Posts: 37 (0 per day) | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2003 (5861 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
lol this should be the latest sports post..

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Finland got beaten by Slovaks [Frown] [Mad] [Frown]
That was sooo weak show from Finland. Well, i hope better LUCK next time [Razz]

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Finland hockey team SUX!! [Mad] But Slovaks played very good, i dont wonder if they win WChamp again....Perhaps Finland got same level team today Ukrainean... so lets see [Cool]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Today its Finland vs Germany...it should be quite easy to Finland but we´ll see [Confused]
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blaah, it was anything else than easy ( 2-2)...and now starts semifinal games...tomorrow already and who else there comes next againts Finland....SVERIGE/SWEDEN omg,
well sweden hasnt shown that impressive hockey neither so they are good pair in next game. That must win or sayonara GOLD medal

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How this could happen; in second period (10mins) Finland leads Sweden 5-1....and guess what? final result was Finland 5 - 6 Sweden!!!!! OMG
I HATE HOCKEY

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
rofl... sport is can be so cruel...

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im still mad about that!!! [Mad]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Shame on Finland...all i can say right now...i´m so fucking dissapointed [Frown] [anger] [Frown] [anger]
Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigos_Scorpio:
Ah, world championships has started good (hockey), which are held in here Finland. anyone here watch these games?
one real good surprise result already in first day; Danmark kicked USA...c thats why i like this sport, anything is possible

LOOOL!!!
i just read this post...u still think that way Scorp???

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Hell yeah, anything can happen but I DONT LIKE IT
Finnish team was humiliated in own home ice that way, i cant never watch hockey anymore, that disgusts me
...or perhaps next year.... [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
lol- i know wot u mean.. it took me a LONG time after england got beaten by germany in euro '96 (football that is)...

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, Thank God that Canada won sweden in final game, yesh... this mean i might watch games next year.. yeah

--------------------
 -

yeah_i_can_fly  
Member # 840

Member Rated:
hehe canada rulez [Smile]
btw usa managed easely to get groupe a again...

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
...but i think that USA did even worse than Finland [Big Grin]
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigos_Taurus:
i always thought canada being the best, then sweden 2nd best.

i should've put a £10 on it...

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, lucky guess [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Antares  
Visitor
Member # 839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Antares     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Germany had the best soccer, formel 1 driver, ice hockeyplayer and aoe player [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2 (0 per day) | Registered: Apr 2003 (5869 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
not best soccer team (u forgotten 5-1 already?!) and not best aoe player- [Razz]

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaa, and especially not best hockey team or player, LOL...but Formula 1 driver is best now, cause Häkkinen retired

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
scorp!! u forgetting Räikkönen?? tssskk tsskk and u call urself finnish?!!

--------------------
 -

Shadow-warrior  
Member # 849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow-warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its ok guys....
u know that really really big football team Dundee United (no? c'mon u should!) well anyway thats the team i support. they were going to get relegated coz they are terrible(erm...i mean terribly good!) but now they are safe and are chalenging for a whopping great 8th place...
how embarasing..lolz

Posts: 37 (0 per day) | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2003 (5861 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
quote:
scorp!! u forgetting Räikkönen?? tssskk tsskk and u call urself finnish?!!

Blaah, as muches he leads championship points at moment, it wont last to end , he still needs few years to improve. Ferrari got so big advantage on car capapilities. so its only matter of time when Schumi pass by. So u can forget him for few years, until McLaren makes better car.
(if both of them would drive Ferrari, then i cant say who really is faster driver. Kimi is talented thats for sure)

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
schumacher is the better driver- thats for sure, he is most consistant.
anyways, mclaren are bringing out their new car in "few races" so we see how fast their new car is.

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
U guys know who Keke Rosberg is?

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
LOL, lets dig this old post cause......
(Under 20) Ice-hockey World Championships starts today...and Finland (host country) first meets Canada...
Hard game for Finland... i would be happy for tie game [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
o_O

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
...And Finland lost 3-0 [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Yeah they did loose....but all figured already before tournament that Canada is going to win ...but will c. Today its Finland vs. Checs, this is more even game, tie is good, but finnish team got all changes to win too (as opposite) [Wink]

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Hahaa! Finland was 0-2 loosing before last period...and guess what they climbed aside and over [Wink] final result 3-2, Finland won hard hard Czech Repuplic LOOOOOOL [FruitDance]

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
ah, Finland - Ukraine 14 - 1 [FruitDance]

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Finland 2 - 0 Switzerland [Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Finland vs USA 1-2 [Frown]
But refferee was blind!!! [anger] (maybe the most common phrase from people whos team has just lost [Big Grin] )

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Ah it was good game. Lets say that work didnt pay prize in that game. Finland was "owning" game...two mistakes and 2 goals. That is good percentage to use places u got. Tells me that US players are better as invidituals (or how that is typed?)and Montoya in US goal was awesome! So perhaps they didnt play like team as good as Finland (although those 2 guys who made 1- 0) but they were better ... goals are what counts. And referree was total dumb***, he missed bad hits from both sides...
still it was nice to watch...good thriller...GL to US in final game...CANADA is real tight.
[Wink]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
nice nice..
"individual"?

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
quote:
nice nice..
"individual"?

Yes Taurus, thnx.
So Finland went to bronze game...and met Czechs again...and WON. Once again they came from 1 goal behind!! JIHAA LOL

Final game Canada - USA;
To all surprise, USA did beat Canada [rolling_eyes]
Didnt follow final that much...so cant tell lot about it. But game was already 3-1 to Canada in third period and they still messed it....
Final Standings;
1.USA
2.CANADA
3.FINLAND
oh if u want to c, greatest hockey team ever go c
www.hifk.fi [Big Grin] (finnish hockey team site) [FruitDance]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh my... hockey [Roll Eyes]
How can we Finns be so enthusiastic about ice-hockey, even though Finland has won the world championship only once? That completely escapes me [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 44 (0 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2003 (5822 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Because we r so sucky in football...thats why...
[Big Grin]

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We finnish like speed and danger? [Wink] [FruitDance]

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*