Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Sigos Clan   » Sigos Clan Private Forum   » AoKH Ladder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AoKH Ladder
Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the moment, I'm trying to get the Age of Kings Heaven ladder revived. I need your help to do this [Smile]
The basic idea is this:
You can play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 games on any map, you just agree with your opponent. People have different ratings, and depending on the opponents rating, you get some points. I'm an inter there, so I get 12 points for beating an expert and he loses the same amount, but if an expert beats me, he gets only 3 points and I lose 3.
When it was active, the atmosphere was very good, people didn't care too much if they lost. If someone beats me, I know he deserves to do so. On the other hand less skilled players get to play with more skilled ones, and when they lose, it doesn't cost them many points.
Here are the ratings:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=23,32116,,10
I'm here: 133: Quazitory (zn: Quazitory)(77 57%)(-4)
133 points, 77 games played, 57% of them won, with a -4 streak.
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=23,32131,,10
Be sure to read the instructions first to understand the ladder better and to know the rules.

At the moment the ladder doesn't have much activity, but I'm convincing the clan TOAO to come back to the ladder - there are like 40 TOAO members there and they're all playing their own ladder. Those games can be count to AoKH ladder as well. I believe we'd get a lot of good games there, so I really encourage everyone to join.

Please do ask questions if you have any...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 44 (0 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2003 (6372 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Scorpio Administrator 
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK! i checked site, and i think i register in there, hope it get going more active.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (6501 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Gemini  
Member # 833

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sigos_Gemini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be stupid but... what is the difference between play a ladder game and play a random map in a rated room?
Posts: 59 (0 per day) | From: Belgium | Registered: Apr 2003 (6421 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biggest difference is the people on the ladder. No droptrickers, better atmosphere.
We've also had tourneys: at the moment we have a clan tourney going. I'm in the AoKH team, I have a 1v1 arabia match vs brits_Andy and a 3v3 migration game.
There are also no smurfs, because everyone needs to be registered at the forums. It's fair and square for everyone [Smile]

I was just watching a game with _Archange1_ and Myll_4_Ever (Myll_Slaghter), a rather nice arabia game. Slaghter really wants to be the ladder champion [Big Grin]

Good job Scorpio, now get some games going [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 44 (0 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2003 (6372 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Taurus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just signed up [Smile]

--------------------
ZN: Sigos_Taurus_
 -

Posts: 227 (0.03 per day) | From: surrey, england | Registered: Apr 2003 (6420 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Taurus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sigos_Phoenix:
[I was just watching a game with _Archange1_ and Myll_4_Ever (Myll_Slaghter), a rather nice arabia game. Slaghter really wants to be the ladder champion [Big Grin]

[/QB]

did u get that game directly from arch cos i didn't see it in the rec games in aokh (mostly newb games there)... did arch put up a strong defense? i can't see him winning vs a 2k+ [rolling_eyes]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 227 (0.03 per day) | From: surrey, england | Registered: Apr 2003 (6420 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
No, I was watching the game. In fact Arch put up a nice offensive and Slaghter was in trouble, but in the end he was tougher.
The point is not that you need to win every game... The more games you play vs strong players, the better you'll be in a long run. I got defeated 4 times in a row vs good opponents back then, but after that I defeated 2 good players. Got me a ladder warrior title for that week.
I still do that, I played a 1v1 Arabia vs I2eal_pRaXiS_, a 2k player when he was smurfing with his 1600 nick. I knew I'd lose, but that's small price for playing someone as good as him.

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Gemini  
Member # 833

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Gemini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The biggest difference is the people on the ladder. No droptrickers, better atmosphere.
We've also had tourneys: at the moment we have a clan tourney going. I'm in the AoKH team, I have a 1v1 arabia match vs brits_Andy and a 3v3 migration game.
There are also no smurfs, because everyone needs to be registered at the forums. It's fair and square for everyone [Smile]

I was just watching a game with _Archange1_ and Myll_4_Ever (Myll_Slaghter), a rather nice arabia game. Slaghter really wants to be the ladder champion [Big Grin]

Good job Scorpio, now get some games going [Smile]

that could be nice, i will register me(when i will come back)
Posts: 59 (0 per day) | From: Belgium | Registered: Apr 2003 (6421 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Me, Taurus and Libra are waiting for you remaining three to join the ladder... [Smile]

[ 19 July 2003, 22:18: Message edited by: Sigos_Phoenix ]

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i signed up too, so easy points here, GRRRRRRRR

--------------------
 -

Posts: 394 (0.06 per day) | From: Somewhere in Tundra | Registered: Jan 2003 (6501 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Libra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
grhm...my "journey" in AOKH Ladder started pretty bad [Frown] first i got beaten up by Phoenix, and then Archange1 asked me to play but for my luck we just played training game and i got beaten up even worse!!!LOOOL!! [Smile]
But i´ll raise from ashes some day...(i hope)...c u in zone!

Posts: 164 (0.02 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2003 (6418 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Well it's no surprise Arch beated you bad, he beats me like 95 of 100 times :S Used to be like 5:10 [Frown]
Just play more games and you'll climb the ladder.

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Gemini  
Member # 833

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Gemini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's done, i have just signed in
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coo - ooL

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
The ladder is going rather well now, people are actually playing more games! [Big Grin]
Taurus has had great success there, he has beaten good players and the image of Sigos is positive. Our rating average is the 3rd best, after Brits and Myll clan.
I encourage other Sigoses to start playing games there!

Btw, I just had a nice Shimo game with 7 players, everyone's nick was retard_pusher, so no one knew who was who. Was great fun!

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
quote:
The ladder is going rather well now, people are actually playing more games! [Big Grin]
Taurus has had great success there, he has beaten good players and the image of Sigos is positive. Our rating average is the 3rd best, after Brits and Myll clan.
I encourage other Sigoses to start playing games there!

Btw, I just had a nice Shimo game with 7 players, everyone's nick was retard_pusher, so no one knew who was who. Was great fun!

lol- that was fun, but i was 2nd out (i never have much luck in ffa). We also played 4vs4 TI and a 8 person king of the hill ffa afterwards which was chaos! i spent the whole evening only in agincourt- the good thing is everyone is so relaxed- mixture of grooks to experts in the games which is fun.

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
btw, they keep thinking im qaz!!! meh- it gives me a good name [Razz]

--------------------
 -

VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i try play more....havent succeed get game that good. Cause not interest to go play my first games againts guy who is rated over 1900...but ill try be more active in AoKH. And well done guys, making our name more known.

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
Second out? LOL!
The mongol player ehh? The unfortunate mongol player that didn't accept the goth player's alliance and decided to stay enemy? [Smile]
What a fatal mistake that was for you. I got some new space though

quote:
btw, they keep thinking im qaz!!!
I am that good? [Eek!]

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Taurus  
Member # 838

Member Rated:
damn that was U?! lol! 1 of my "allies" attacked me in the 2nd game [Mad] [Roll Eyes] so i never makes alliances.

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Phoenix  
Member # 877

Member Rated:
A little heads-up on this, Andy_brit and Myll_Barka have both rejoined the ladder. Looks rather good... getting a 1900-2000 rated champion will do good for the ladder publicity!

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Libra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
Posts: 164 (0.02 per day) | From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2003 (6418 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VIP
Member # 774

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sigos_Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! I have noticed that lately agincourt been totally empty...and nonone hosts aokh games there [Frown] Always i try to host one noone ever join game??? What u think Phoenix...is there future for AoKH ladder?

--------------------
 -

Sigos_Libra  
Regular
Member # 843

Member Rated:
i´ve noticed that too... [Frown]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*