Horizon Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar

This topic has been moved to Games Related Talk.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » archive   » Microsoft Makes Gamers a Social Experiment

Author Topic: Microsoft Makes Gamers a Social Experiment
Dejango  
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
tsk tsk... Microsoft's Dirty Work
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On AC? That game is shit. LMFAO, do it on a really addicting game like SWG or Evercrack

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.19 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (5868 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

As a seasoned MMORPG player, AC is one of the best out there. Of all the major name MOG's, it is the second best released to date, only falling behind that of Everquest. AC is a great game.

Anyway, back to the original meaning of the message, my point was...how do you feel, those of you who are gamers...that you are part of a large, utopian, psychology experiement?

Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol. I do mass gaming and still find AC to be crap. All hail SWG. [Smile] ANywho, its quite interesting that they would make a study on it. I'd feel special if I actually was part of an experiment. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.19 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (5868 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

Hmm..

someone move this to gaming please [Smile]

I want to debate AC with you.

Now, as a seasoned MMORPG player/Beta tester...tell me....how is SWG superior to...even AC?

SWG is just a franchise. It has nothing new or exciting. The gameplay will be nothing new, nothing to work for except treadmills.

The ONLY reason people will be playing the game is because it is in the Star Wars Universe.

The concentration should be more focused on gameplay (though the depth of the world is VERY important-compare EQ to SB on that one). Games such as Horizons or Mythica will revolutionize the MOG scene because of their new, exciting game play that draws the user in. Check out both

Horizons-www.istaria.com

Mythica-www.mythica.com

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RTS games are better [Smile]
imo atleat

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6523 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

I think that you can not compare the two. One uses the right side of your brain (RTS games) in the lines of mathematics. The other uses the left side of your brains (RPG games) in the line of writing/creativity/story-crafting.
Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe so, but i like the competitivness behind the whole idea of RTS gaming, that is something RPG's can just not do imo, that and i'm not much into role playing

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.59 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (6523 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

actually RPG's ...in particular MOG's...offer a HIGH level of competition in a different format. Raids, Quests, Tourney's....dare I mention PvP?

As each MOG enters into a new age (we are in age 2, and age 3 is coming up), the depth of the MOG's increases.

Cheack out some games like

Middle Earth Online-http://www.middle-earthonline.com/

Horizons-http://www.istaria.com/

Mythica-http://www.mythica.com/

World of Warcraft-http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

You might like some of those [Wink]

Oh yea and move to game forum please [Smile]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*