Horizon Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » General   » archive   » Game Burning, Copies, Warez

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Game Burning, Copies, Warez
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. Im going to abuse my Moderator powers for this forum section (god knows how my name ended up there)..

chiq - (please dont post direct links to warez related sites our host forbids this) if anyone is after a prog they cant get hold of just ask me away deom the forum and i can prob get it.)

.bin, .iso, .ccd, .bwt, .mds, and .cdi files are files that are the exact Image of a CD. A .cue file is actually a TEXT document that leads to the .bin and how to properly mount the drive. You can burn from the Image or the .cue, both of are perfectly acceptable.

If you dont have a CD/RW drive, or maybe you dont have CDs? Dont worry! You can still create a virtual CD-Rom drive and mount the CD images.
The Daemon Tools is a program that allows you to create virtual CD/DVD drives that can then be loaded with ISOs.

The problem with many newer games and applications is that they come with burn protection... These disks have low level sectors burned on them with special files that are required to be seen by the program as it loads. If these files arent found, it'll give you errors stating "Please Insert the Correct CD".

The Daemon Tools has emulations for these CD-Protectors, so the mounted images can still be read properly. If for some reason your system doesnt emulate the CD-Protection properly, check Game Copy World. This site contains mirrors for Europe and North America, both of which provide No-CD cracks.

If you dont want to hassle with No-CD cracks, there are certain programs that can burn these protections properly.
I personally reccomend
Alcohol 120%

or

Clone CD.

Burning Programs like Nero and NTI Cd-Maker ARE good for music, basic backups etc, but if you want good, near-perfect game copies, check those two.

I'll try and add others and even update this with answers to any questions people have.

Questions, Comments, Something to Add? Post it here already! [Wink]

[EDIT]---Just Editing some Grammar/Spelling---

[ 07 August 2003, 11:10: Message edited by: ReDeeMeR ]

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.15 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (7411 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akuma Moderator 
your all whores
Member # 835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akuma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet.

--------------------
have fun ass fuckers

Posts: 1232 (0.16 per day) | From: esusryesaeras | Registered: Apr 2003 (7404 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiquita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, I got bored... [Wink]

--------------------
 -

In the Tech Support business, we call this an ID10T error, or "PEBKAC" (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

Posts: 1169 (0.15 per day) | From: North Bend, Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003 (7411 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bazz_2k1  

²00³»»ßã®®¥««²00³

Member # 464

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bazz_2k1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chiquita should hav king of warez as his title thnx man.

--------------------
 -
FoFusion! - Your First Place For Online Fun!

FoFusion! Forums
http://msgboard.fofusion.co.uk

Posts: 1220 (0.15 per day) | From: Falkirk, Scotland | Registered: Mar 2002 (7785 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SIVA Moderator 

1337 |-|4><><0I2

Member # 617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.suprnova.org my favorite bit torrent link

--------------------
 -

FEAR IS YOUR ONLY GOD

"people disgust me....... this includes myself"
--me

".....let me give the world to you because obviously nothing else is going to make u fucking happy...."
--Billy Corgan

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell

"But beware.....all those angels with their wings glued on"
--Billy Corgan

Contact at-------AIM: buletwbtrflywngz Yahoo: xsiamese_dreamx Msn: bulletwithbutterflywings11@hotmail.com

Posts: 1431 (0.18 per day) | From: Dallas(Plano)/Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002 (7700 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiquita Moderator 
That...guy.
Member # 823

Member Rated:
Lol.

Banana will do just fine Bazz. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*