Horizon Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Message Board Wargame Forum (*Closed Archive!*)   » THE MEDIEVAL GAME... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: THE MEDIEVAL GAME...
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's get ready to rumble!

The map will be updated regularly, unowned kingdoms will act according to what the mod(at the moment, me) sees fit.
This means the Brits are also unowned.

Anyway, good luck all, and remember to try and update your country's topic, if not just try and post a list of what you have often, so we all know what the fuck you're doing!

Nemesis

Posts: 1580 (0.19 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (8029 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been considering for a while a proposition by Fallen Lord to have smaller provinces worth something, and have finally decided to back that idea.
From now on, a small castle will be worth five credits a day to you, a large castle(remember you've already got your maximum of two) will be worth 10 credits a day to you, and a fortress, your capital, will be worth 30 credits a day to you.

For this game I intend to keep the nations which are unowned at strength, so if someone wants to play them they can enter on an equal footing.
To do this, I intend to keep the non playing nations buying troops etc, and fighting among themselves to make sure they don't overtake the players. They may be recruited as allies, as long as they benefit from it, I will decide if they join an alliance.

At the moment, the old rivals in the non playing nations are emerging, Scotland v England, France v Spain, and Norway v Russia.

England

England buys two frigates, a small castle to put in Wales, colonising it, 3 longbow regiments, and one pikeman regiment.

Scotland

Scotland buys one frigate, a small castle to put in Iceland, colonising it. England decides not to stop Scotland's fleet to Iceland, even though it has one more frigate than Scotland as it doesn't want war just yet.
Scotland also buys 2 highlander regiments, two pikeman regiments, one archer regiment and one knight regiment.

Norway

Norway buys one frigate and two longboats, as well as 2 knight regiments, two archer regiments, two pikeman regiments, two swordsman regiments and two footsoldier regiments.

Russia

Russia buys two castles to expand into the eastern Ukraine, and into the Armenian region, the edge of the board province on the other side of the Black Sea.
Russia also buys 1 Cossack regiment, one archer regiment, one pikeman regiment, and 1 swordsman regiment.

France

France buys two small castles to colonise South Western France, as well as North West France. It also buys one paladin regiment, one swordsman regiment and one archer regiment.

Spain

Spain buys one small castle to colonise Nothern Spain, and then builds one frigate, one knight regiment, one pikemen regiment, two archer regiments, two swordsmen regiments and one patriot regiment.

They are all at peace at the moment.

Nemesis

--------------------
 -
President Nemesis of the People's Republic of China

With the might of Xin Sheng, China will rise once more!

Posts: 1580 (0.19 per day) | Registered: May 2001 (8029 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i put a fortrwess in berlin (2) and 2 castles in other area's (hamburg and munich) i buy one battle ship and 1 infantry regiment. which will be my elite unit. i also buy 3 knight regiments.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.25 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (7951 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Papal States builds a small castle in the open Italian province south of my starting provinces and asks all Catholic nations to join us in a Worldwide Catholic Leauge
Posts: 7713 (0.96 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (8029 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-D.. Administrator 
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i put a fortress in stockholm
i buy 2 figates and 3 lancers and 2 knights

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.8 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (8005 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_fallen_lord_99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
asks all Catholic nations to join us in a Worldwide Catholic Leauge
With gods grace we will succeed. Poland accepts.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 670 (0.08 per day) | From: London - U.S.S.R ;) | Registered: May 2001 (8026 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my building orders for today are:

16x swordsmen units

6x crossbowmen units (special unit)

UK remeber, i built a small castle yesterday in the last unclamin mainland Italian province also

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (0.96 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (8029 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
England
England buys two castles and puts them in both parts of Southern Ireland. It also buys one longbow regiment, two knight regiments and one swordsmen regiment.

Scotland
Scotland buys one castle and puts it in Northern Ireland, and also buys one frigate, 4 highlander regiments, 1 pikeman regiment, 1 knight regiments, 2 archer regiments and 2 footsoldier regiments.

France
France buys one castle and puts in in Calais. It also buys one frigate, three paladin regiments, two archer regiments, one pikeman regiment, two swordsmen regiments and one footsoldier regiment.

Spain
Spain buys two castles to colonise Portugal. It also buys one knight regiment, one pikeman regiment, one archer regiment, one swordsmen regiment and one patriot regiment.

Russia
Russia buys two castles to colonise Finland, and also buy two knights regiments, one galley, one archer regiment and two Cossack regiments.

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the holy roman enpire buys 5x knights and 5 swordsman

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: kenny ]

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.25 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (7951 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_fallen_lord_99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I buy, 2 small castles, and place them in the provinces next to my teritory.
I also buy:
5 sword reg
3 archer reg
3 pikemen reg
2 knight reg
total of: 82

How much do my hussar units cost?

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: the_fallen_lord_99 ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 670 (0.08 per day) | From: London - U.S.S.R ;) | Registered: May 2001 (8026 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Fallen Lord, check the price list. Whichever unit your Hussars replace costs the same as them.

England
England buys one battleship, one frigate, two knight regiments, one swordsmen, three footsoldier, four longbow regiments and two pikemen regiments.

Scotland
Scotland buys ten Highlander regiments, one battleship, and four knights regiments.

France
France buys one castle to colonise Belgium, one frigate, one battleship, two paladin regiments, two swordsmen regiments and one footsoldier regiment.

Spain
Spain buys one castle to colonise Gibraltar, one frigate, one battleship, two knight regiments, two swordsmen regiments and one patriot regiment.

Russia
Russia buys one battleship, two galleys, two frigates, two knight regiments, one pikeman regiment, one archer regiment, one swordsman regiment and one Cossack regiment.

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
I forgot to do this yesterday, but to show him what to do, iffy asked me to make his first go for him. So here it is:

The Moors buy one castle to put in the last remaining province in North Africa, now marked 4. They also buy four mameluke regiments and five swordsman regiments.

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I buy:

1 frigate
1 battleship

8 hussar reg
1 archer reg
1 pikemen reg
1 knight reg
1 swordsman reg

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-D..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i buy:
3 battleships
2 galleys
5 knights
8 foot soilders

thats 103 last post i spent 92

i send 2 knight reg to northern finland

--------------------
*Coming soon: Something so awesome to look at it will make your eyeballs explode*

Posts: 6460 (0.8 per day) | From: Hadleys Hope | Registered: Jun 2001 (8005 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I offer an alliance to my Slav brother the Tsar of Russia.

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
The Tsar accepts the King of Poland's gracious offer. He requests that the Polish navy sails with the Russian to defeat the Navy of Sweden that is terrorising Baltic trade at the moment. He orders his galleys, which have no guns, to stay in port. The Russian Navy has set sail to do battle with the Swedish, with or without the Polish.

Tsar Peter is outraged at the invasion of Northern Finland, or Oulu as the area is known the the Russians. He leads the Cossacks, his elite personal guard to destroy the invader, leaving two knight regiments to defend St. Petersburg, his capital.

Peter the Great as he is known, leads two Cossack regiments, 1 milita regiment and one knight regiment against the Swedish invaders. His regiment leads the attack.

OUTCOME
The presence of the Tsar has a great affect on his troops, but the militia regiment, the regular Cossack regiment and the knight regiment are destroyed before the last of the knights and his Cossacks finally destroy the last of the invaders.

The losses are:
Sweden:
2 knight regiments

Russia
1 militia regiment
1 knight regiment
1 Cossack regiment

The militia unit is replaced quickly using local people angry at the Swedish.
Russia is mobilising for war. Only a very humble apology from the Swedish will halt an invasion by the Russians.

England and France condemned the Swedish invasion, whilst Scotland and Spain supported it.
France and Spain are edging closer to war, and William Wallace's statement about how all of Ireland should belong to the Scots as the people there are related to the Scottish and not the English is causing friction between the two nations.

Tsar Peter has moved the two knight regiments in St. Petersburg to Oulu to back the militia regiment there. He has returned to his capital with his regiment.
A knight regiment has been moved from Moscow to St. Petersburg to cover the loss of garrison, and an archer regiment has been moved to Moscow from Volgograd to reinforce the province.

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I send 1 frigate and 1 battleship to aid Tsar Peter. I also order my army to mobilise.

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: the_fallen_lord_99 ]

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
---woops double post, heheheh

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
the Papal States builds two small castles, one in Sciliy, the other in Sardina

we also buy 5x more swordsmen units

we also offer our Catholic brother, Poland, any support he may require

TIP FOR PLAYERS: Print out the price list for easy refrence

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NEWS FLASH!!
War has been declared between four nations.
The English and Scottish fleets were both training in the Irish Sea when their training turned nasty. A shot was fired from one of the ships, and a battle began.
The 3 English frigates and their one battleship concentrated fire upon the enemy battleship, whereas the Scots, knowing they were outnumbered, tried to destroy the English frigates.
All three English frigates were destroyed, for the loss of the entire Scottish navy. The only ship left afloat, the badly damaged battleship of England, limped home to Bristol, where it will be repaired quickly.

War quickly spread to land, but both leaders had one objective, to take Ireland. Both leaders are keeping their border on the mainland well defended, but Ireland is where the main battle was.
Dublin took on Belfast in a battle of the border, neither militia unit getting involved, instead staying back to defend the castles.
England won the bitter battle, their longbows finally triumphing over a suicidal highland charge. Their remaining units were two longbow regiments. They cleaned up what was left of the Scottish army, then moved to take Belfast. Belfast fell quickly, the militia being destroyed.

Scotland, with Iceland isolated by England's supremacy in the sea battle, have accepted terms from the English. William Wallace was forced to such a move after the English threatened to invade and take Iceland, something which because the Scottish Navy was destroyed, Wallace couldn't have done anything to help.

The war had much greater effects on Europe though, with Spain and France declaring for opposite sides, the French against their old enemies England.

Neither wanted to attack a heavily defended city, which both have on the border, so they both decided to attack the provinces on the border which are less important.
For the French their attack was through the Bilbao province, whilst for the Spanish it was through Bordeaux.
Both countries had been moving troops around, as war has been imminent for quite a while. The two leaders set off, but El Cid quickly realised he was at the disadvantage when he saw the size of the French invading force. He pulled back to defend.

The two armies clashed outside Bilbao, and the French finally won a long and bloody battle. El Cid escaped the destruction of his bodyguard unit, and tried to rally his troops, but was forced to flee by the large number of French paladins. The retreat of their leader to Madrid broke the morale of his men, and they crumbled.
France was left with two paladin regiments, one of which was the King's Own Paladins, as the Paris Paladins are now known.

Spain managed to win the naval battle with one frigate left, which was badly damaged.

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pope Botto I supports Spain and condems his enemies....
pdykstra600  
Member # 7

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdykstra600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
turkey asks for alliance with all other Muslum and Arab nations.
Posts: 4159 (0.51 per day) | From: new jersey | Registered: May 2001 (8029 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I buy:
1 battleship
5 swordsmen
1 archer reg
1 pikemen reg
1 hussar reg

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
i send :
2 battle ship 2 frigates and 1 galley to defeat the polish and russian fleets

--------------------

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Fallen Lord, I'm afraid you can only buy once a day, and never in advance. You must wait till tomorrow before you can buy again, but for now I will consider that buy frozen till tomorrow, then it can be used.

The two battleships and three frigates of the Russo-Polish fleet engage the Swedish fleet of two battleships and two frigates.
The battle is short and decisive.
All of the battleships are sunk in a deadly exchange of fire, and the frigates of Poland and Russia quickly destroy the remaining Swedish ships.

Sweden loses all of the forces it sent, whilst only one Russian frigate remains from the allied fleet. Poland lost all ships in a brave encounter, taking most of the fire.
The remaining Russian frigate is badly damaged, and has put into St. Petersburg for repairs.

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by uknemesis:
[QB]Fallen Lord, I'm afraid you can only buy once a day, and never in advance. You must wait till tomorrow before you can buy again, but for now I will consider that buy frozen till tomorrow, then it can be used.
QB]
I aint buying in advance, those are my credits form my small castles and large castles. Also I started buying a day after the game started so I would have had 100 credits instead of 50….. or am I doing something wrong?

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you didn't buy the first time, that's 50 credits.
You bought two castles, so the next two days you get 60 credits.
total = 170 credits

two large castles and a fortress are what you already begin with, and the maximum you can have. They are where your 50 credits a day come from, 30 from your fortress and 10 each from your large castles.

Unless you lose on of your starting provinces, the only castles you can build are small ones.

So today you have 60 credits to spend, and as it is now over midnight on forum time, a new spending day has begun, meaning your above post now counts, and you still have 10 credits left to spend...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
ok, for this turn i will purchase:

2 small castles to occupy the two remaining unowned provinces above italy

22x swordsmen units

3x crossbowmen units

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
England
England buys one battleship, four frigates, and one longbow regiment, one swordsman regiment and one knight regiment.

Scotland
Scotland invests the credits for use at a later date. 55 credits are stored.

France
France buys one castle and puts in on Corsica, Spain's frigate, being in repair, unable to stop it. France also buys one frigate to challenge Spain's dominance of the sea, and 11 paladin regiments.

Spain
Spain buys one castle and puts it on the Majorca, and also buys 8 pikeman regiments, 1 knight regiment, 4 archer regiments, and 3 swordsman regiments.

Russia
Russia buys two frigates, ten Cossack regiments, 5 swordsman regiments, 4 archer regiments, 2 pikeman regiments, and 4 knight regiments.

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
germany buys 2 infantry units and puts 2 castles in the 2 area's west of munich #1 on map. i also send 2 battle ships and a frigate to swedish waters and side with sweden on the war.

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: kenny ]

--------------------
 -

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kenny, you've only bought one battleship so far. You have to declare that you're buying them first...

If you were to buy the extra frigate and battleship, you would still have 54 credits left including todays. If you don't want to buy those extra, then you have 84 credits left.
Tomorrow you will get 60 credits as you now have the extra two castles.

AND A REMINDER TO ALL, YOU CAN COLONISE ANYWHERE AS LONG AS IT IS EITHER BORDERING YOUR NATION, OR ACROSS A SEA THAT YOU HAVE NAVAL SUPREMACY OR NO ENEMIES IN.
So start building colonies etc!

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
A peace treaty is signed between England and Scotland.

Also, Scotland, using 15 of the 55 credits it has stored, buys Russia's three galleys.
Russia immediately buys one frigate and one knight regiment.

England decides to help her ally, Spain, against the French.
England sends one battleship and two frigates to help the Spanish Navy.
The other English fleet of one battleship and two frigates is sent to the Baltic.

The English navy lands 1 swordsman regiment, 1 footsoldier regiment, and 1 longbow regiment in Bilbao, at the same time as the Spanish attack.
Spain sends The Devils, 1 archer regiment and 1 pikeman regiment from Madrid, 2 pikeman regiments and 1 knight regiment from Barcelona, and 2 pikeman regiments and 1 swordsman regiment from Oporto.

The French forces are overwhelmed, their frigate being destroyed without loss to the allies, and their army being defeated in a quick and bloody battle. The French swordsmen are quickly destroyed by the English longbows and the Spanish archers whilst fighting the allied swordsmen, and the Spanish knights and pikemen quickly destroy the enemy paladins at heavy loss.
No French unit escaped Bilbao alive.
The English lost its one footsoldier regiment, and its other two regiments head home.
Spain lost 3 pikeman regiments, 1 archer regiment, 1 swordsman regiment and 1 knight regiment.
France was so shocked by the defeat that Charlemagne quickly signed a peace treaty with the Spanish, although some say this was also due to the fact that the English were threatening to bombard all French coastal towns.
Peace has been restored to all the non playing nations except Russia, who seem to be getting deeper and deeper into war with Sweden and the Holy Roman Empire.

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
quote:
Well, you didn't buy the first time, that's 50 credits.
You bought two castles, so the next two days you get 60 credits.
total = 170 credits

two large castles and a fortress are what you already begin with, and the maximum you can have. They are where your 50 credits a day come from, 30 from your fortress and 10 each from your large castles.

Unless you lose on of your starting provinces, the only castles you can build are small ones.

So today you have 60 credits to spend, and as it is now over midnight on forum time, a new spending day has begun, meaning your above post now counts, and you still have 10 credits left to spend...

Nemesis

Ok I get it now, I thought that we get 50 credits a day, + extra from your fortress and large castles. But you only get extra from the small castles. Am I right? Do you want me to delete units from my nation topic?

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
No need to delete any, I added up all your units that you've bought including the one I wasn't sure about, and you've still got 10 credits left to spend, as your units are covered by the amount you had.
And tomorrow, you'll be getting 60 more credits to spend.

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i buy 2 battle ships and a frigate. i also buy 3 knight regiments

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: kenny ]

--------------------
 -

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Kenny, did you decide to buy the battleship and frigate you were going to send?! Are they included in that buy?!
Please explain wtf you are doing!
Anyway, as you have your original fortress and large castles, you get 50 point a day, and also you get 10 extra per day starting the day after you bought those castles for the two small castles.
Anyway, please try and use all your credits or at least say how many you have left! And a hint, please use a calculator...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Right, sorted it all out with kenny.

Anyway, I will clarify a few rules:

1)You get 50 credits a day from your fortress and large castles, your fortress making 30 of that and your large castles ten each of that. You don't get 50 credits plus the 50 you get from your fortress and large castles. However, when you start building small castles, then the next day you get 5 more credits per castle per day on top of the 50, for example, 55 credits total if you buy one small castle, and 60 if you buy two.
If you lose a large castle, your daily credit allowance is reduced by 10, and if you lose your capital(which is your fortress) you lose 30 points from your daily allowance. Both captured, built and lost credits don't come into effect until the next day.

2) Your units are instantly built

3) You don't need to know the names of your areas, you can just call them 1 France, or Sweden #1, so long as I and your opponents know which one you mean.

4) You can build a small castle in any unowned province that is next to the sea so long as no enemy ships oppose you. No ships are required for this, your builders have their own boats. This means Sweden can easily cross into Denmark, and the Holy Roman Empire can easily make a colony in Greece. After that, you can expand inland just like in your main empire.

5) If a province is cut off from the rest of your nation, either by naval blockade or the provinces in between being captured, it can only have units built there of the amount of credits it produces, for example, a small castle cut off from outside help can only put down 5 credits worth of units, and these 5 credits cannot be used to build a ship unless it is near the coast.

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i send colonists to colonize the last unowned area north of munich (#1)

--------------------
 -

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
for today i buy:

19 knight units
and 2 small castles, one for the large unclaimed province south of bob's #1 and the smaller province directly south of it

i also used 40 unsed points from my first day

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i send 1 boat with colonists to colonize the 1 area near area 2 of the teutonic order. which is the area south. i also bulid a galley and send 5 infantry regiments and 5 knight regiments to that area to gaurd them.

--------------------
 -

-

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kenny:
5 infantry regiments
Be specific when you talk about infantry, i.e. footsoldiers, swordsmen, archers, pikemen, those are the infantry units.

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
wrong fallen lord i was told by the GM's of the game to call my unit infantry.

--------------------
 -

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
@TFL: kennys special unit (which replaces swordsmen) is called infantry

@kenny: make sure you know that each infantry unit costs 2 credits and you should buy diffrent types of troops or you may find yourself at a disadvantage

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
For the 3rd and 4th of September:

England
England buys 3 battleships and 6 frigates for a total of 120. With it's remaining 20, it buys 2 longbow regiments, 2 knight regiments and 1 pikeman regiment.

Scotland
Scotland has 150 credits to buy with, as it had 40 stored and 110 from two days.
It buys 1 battleship, 2 frigates and 2 galleys for a total of 50 credits.
It also buys ten knight regiments, 10 highlander regiments, and 10 archer regiments.

France
France buys 10 swordsman regiments, 10 archer regiments, 10 pikemen regiments, 10 footsoldier regiments and 10 paladin regiments, for a total of 150 credits.

Spain
Spain buys 10 swordsman regiments, 10 archer regiments, 10 pikemen regiments, 10 patriot regiments and 10 knight regiments, for a total of 150 credits.

Russia
Russia buys 2 battleships, 10 swordsmen regiments, 10 archer regiments, and 10 knight regiments.

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Whoops my mistake just don’t point fingers at me

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I buy:
1 Battleship
2 frigates

13 swordmen
8 hussar
5 archer
6 pikemen
1 footsoldier

=130 credits

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
for this turn i will buy 17 knight units

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I invade the Teutonic order, my attacking force consists of:
4 footsoldier reg
16 swordsmen reg
5 archer reg
6 pikemen reg
4 knight reg
12 hussar reg
With my units i attack the 3rd teutonic province.

The reason: laundrybob aint playing so might as well make room for expansion. So I ask that no other nation declares war against me.

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: the_fallen_lord_99 ]

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i buy 5 archer regiments and use 10 infantry units and 10 knight units as well as the 5 archer units to attack the capital (#1) of the teutonic order. i also will accomapany the war with my ELITE infantry unit.

--------------------
 -

-

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I buy:
5 battleships

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kenny:
i send 1 boat with colonists to colonize the 1 area near area 2 of the teutonic order. which is the area south. i also bulid a galley and send 5 infantry regiments and 5 knight regiments to that area to gaurd them.

I'm not sure which area you mean, as you have to colonise a place that is next to the sea. I have coloured the one next to Italy, I hope this is the one you meant.

Anyway, map updated.

You both succeed in your objectives, with Fallen Lord losing two Hussar regiments, and kenny losing 1 knight regiment, 1 archer regiment and 2 infantry regiments, you may only have been fighting militia, but they were defending their capital and a main city...

The non player nation are banking their last two turn's money, including today...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UK!!!!!!!

i already claimed kenny's new province and the one directly below it, check my Sept. 3rd orders (scroll up) i claimed them right before Kenny

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I build a small castle next to my 6th province. I also invade the last province of the teutonic order with:
15 hussar reg
4 knight reg
6 pikemen reg
4 archer reg
10 swordsmen reg
5 footsoldier reg

and my own personal unit.

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Right GB, sorry about that, it's fixed now, and kenny now owns Greece, as this is the closest area that is near the sea.

Fallen Lord, you conquer the last of the teutons and lose only two Hussar regiments.

Oh, and remember you conquerors, record the places as what they are, two large castles and a fortress.
I think kenny had bob's capital, so he gets 30 points extra per day.
I think Fallen Lord had the other two, so e gets 20 credits extra per day...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
UK, dont forget to include the area next to my 6th and 7th province cos i got a castle there.

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
hehe 5 days = 250 credits..+ 5 i had left
i buy
10 knights = 50
20 lancers = 80
5 battleships = 100
7 archers = 21
4 footsoilders = 4

i send:
4 foot soilders
4 archers
10 knights
15 lancers
into northern finland
and
3 battleships to patrol the shores of northern finland

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: 2-D ]

--------------------

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i colonize the 2 area's north of greeze. and buy 5 archer reguiments. but them in the one galley i have and send them to area #8 (greece) to defend it.

--------------------
 -

-

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uknemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by the_fallen_lord_99:
UK, dont forget to include the area next to my 6th and 7th province cos i got a castle there.

I just meant extra on top of what you get already. My extra figure doesn't include your small castles, I meant like say you have two small castles, you get 60 credits a day, you now get an extra 20, so you now get 80 a day.

England
England uses it's three turns of credits to buy three battleships, six frigates, 6 knight regiments, 10 longbow regiments, and 2 castles that it puts in both areas of Norway.

Scotland
Scotland buys 1 battleship, 2 frigates, 5 galleys, 10 highlander regiments, 10 archer regiments and 10 knight regiments.

France
France buys 15 paladin regiments, 15 pikemen regiments, 13 footsoldier regiments, 15 archer regiments, and 16 swordsmen regiments.

Spain
Spain buys 1 battleship and one frigate, 19 knight regiments, 10 pikemen regiments, 10 patriot regiments, 10 archer regiments, and 10 swordsmen regiments.

Russia
Russia buys 2 castles and puts them in the areas east of Turkey, 10 swordsmen regiments, 20 knight regiments, 15 pikemen regiments, 10 Cossack regiments, and 10 archer regiments.

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: uknemesis ]

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Can i send a ship to colonise the province next to Turkey 3? If i can then i send a ship to colonise the area.

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Sorry Fallen Lord, those two are now under Russian control, and the two above Greece are under kenny's.
There is one remaining free space on the board, and as you are colonising, unless you say you don't want it, it's yours.
It's the one to the East of your 6 and 7.

And 2d, England builds in Norway, it will not attack you, and wants a non agression pact. If you break this, England will declare war, and it's navy will isolate you, and if you don't sign it, the navy which is peacekeeping, stopping navies fighting, will intervene in the Russian war, but if you do sign it, they will ignore that.

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
The new army of Russia arrives in Oulu to greet the invaders.

5 lancer regiments and 1 knight regiment escape the carnage for Sweden, and there are heavy losses on the Russian side:
1 militia regiment
4 archer regiments
7 swordsmen regiments
8 Cossack regiments
20 knight regiments

Russia holds onto Oulu, but at terrible cost.

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
And the sea battle is between three Swedish battleships and two Russian ones, as well as four Russian frigates.

The 4 frigates pound one battleship whilst the others engage.
The frigates finally sink that battleship and the loss of two of their number, and turn to help their one remaining battleship, which has two Swedish battleships engaging it as one was sunk.
The badly damaged Swedish battleships are sunk, but for the loss of the battleship they were fighting and one more frigate.
Total units left: One Russian frigate.
Russia now stands vulnerable to any more sea attacks, and waits anxiously.

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Can i send my ships to invade turky 1?
If i can then i send 3 battleships which are holding:
16 swordsmen
5 archers
7 pikemen
8 knight reg
3 hussar reg
5 footsoldier reg

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I want to reasure the tsar that i will help the russian navy in future battles.

--------------------
 -

2-D.. Administrator 
Member # 112

Member Rated:
i agree to sign the english pact
i also request for the english to declare war on russia
today i buy:
5 knights
10 footsoilder
1 galley
1 frigate

i send a frigate and 2 galleys to destroy the last russian frigate

--------------------

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i use the 2 battleships and 3 frigates that are near swedish waters to attack the remaining russian navy.

--------------------
 -

-

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I temporarily give the tsar of Russia, 5 battleships and 2 frigates.

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: the_fallen_lord_99 ]

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Tsar Nicholas thanks the Polish King for his kind lease, and promise to repay in like.

Nicholas invades Northern Sweden(#3) with 10 knight regiments, 10 archer regiments, 10 Cossack regiments, and 10 swordsman regiments, led by the Tsar himself.

Poland is stopped from invading Turkey by the English peacekeeping fleet(Trident Fleet) who say that the Emperor of Turkey is set to govern his country soon, but if he does not by midday(by the UBB's time) tomorrow then they will be allowed past to invade Turkey.

An amazing turn of events happens in Scotland.
William Wallace is assassinated by some of his own bodyguard, the Scots Guards. The man who leads the unit and often the army in the absence of the King, Thane of Cawdor and Glamis, Macbeth, murdered his King as he slept.
The Scots Guards virtually annihilated itself in the bitter struggle between those loyal to Macbeth and those loyal to the King, but the loyalists were killed by the arrival of Macbeth's army.

King of England, Richard the Lionheart is now legally King of Scotland as well, and all three provinces except the Scottish capital declared for the new King. Macbeth has made a huge mistake he is about to pay for, as the Scottish units have asked the new King for them to be the one to kill the traitor. Richard agreed, and they attacked.

11 knight regiments, 15 highlander regiments, 7 archer regiments, and 2 footsoldier regiments were killed in the attack on their own capital, but they succeeded in killing the usurper Macbeth.

England and Scotland have finally been united by line of succession, something that years of wars had failed to do. Richard moved quickly to make sure that Thanes only had the same powers as Lords of England, to stop any other rebellions.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain has risen from the ashes of a devastated Scotland, ruled by one man, Richard the Lionheart.

The King of Britain refuses the King of Sweden's request to aid in the war against Russia, for Britain is a peaceful nation, not a warlike one...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
I buy:
9 hussar reg
5 archer reg
1 battleship
1 swordsmen reg
4 pikemen reg

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Remember 2d, galleys are merely transport, not fighting vessels in this game.

The two battleships and four frigates sent against Russia do not actually meet the only Russian frigate left, it is in dock being repaired.
The leased ships meet the Swedish, and four battleships and two frigates demolish the enemy fleets, for the loss of three battleships and one frigate.

Britain gives it's Norwegian colonies to the King's cousin, Nicholas of Russia, who promptly gives them to the Polish King in payment for his losses, and returns the one battleship and frigate that are left.

Also, Russia calls off the attack on Northern Sweden, but threatens that if Sweden does not make peace soon, Russia and Britain will unite with Poland to crush Sweden.

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Oh, and Fallen Lord, do you have ICQ or Yahoo Messenger?

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
quote:
Oh, and Fallen Lord, do you have ICQ or Yahoo Messenger?

Nemesis

I have MSN, if thats anygood?
But i think i can get ICQ. Could you give me the url of a place i can download it from?

--------------------
 -

uknemesis  
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Fallen Lord, if you check your email now, there should be something there that allows you to connect to ICQ, and also includes my ICQ number...

Nemesis

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i buy :
2 battle ships
5 archer regiments.

im going to help sweden in anyway i can. even if it means declairing war on the UK poland and russia!

im asking the papal states to look at how sweden is isolated from any means of escaping and i ask botto to assist if sweden cannot make peace

--------------------
 -

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
hmmm this is a tough call, hmm Poland is our ally but Sweden is being trapped, the Papal States is worried about the welfare of Swedens people and we will offer support to them if need be

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*