Horizon Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | Statistics | faq | forum home | Authority List | im | uploads | Games | Member Tree | calendar
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Horizon Forums   » Modern Wargame   » Message Board Wargame Forum (*Closed Archive!*)   » The War Game! #1 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: The War Game! #1
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright so heres what it is?:

-everyone owns at least 3 factories
- u gave us an extra 2 credits
-later today when turn 4 arrives, everyone recieves at least 8 credits unless they built themselves extra factories

the problem is determining how many credits people have available. some of them havent replied since when u gave us 3 extra factories

--------------------
Contact me on AOL Instant Messanger: rpaz517
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.26 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (8068 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some havn't replied at all...

but i joined in on day three, can't i get 6 extra credits for day 1 and 2? the 6 sreds for both days

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.25 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (8122 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the added credits come into play the turn i said them, so if you bought stuff and i added a rule after you posted, you can go back and use the new ones, the players who havaen't seen this yet will just have to go through and do alittle bit of mat:

3+2+remaining credits from before=buying power in turn 4

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \
When ancient Rome was near defeat,
the invincible Tenth Legion was raised:
they beat the barbarians on the battlefield
and Rome gained peace with honour again.
When the traitor, on September the eighth,
left the fatherland in infamy,
the Tenth Flotilla was raised from the sea
and it brought weapons at the cry for honour!

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
you victorious on Alexandria,
Malta, Souda and Gibraltar,
you already victorious upon the sea,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

To you Italian ships, stolen from us
not in battle but by treason,
and to you, our prisoners and dead brothers,
we swear:
we swear that we'll came back,
let this be God's and the Flag's will.
We swear that we'll fight
until we obtain an honourable peace!

Posts: 7713 (0.94 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (8200 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Here is why I said this...

the USSR was huge enough...that is 10

Germany got their eco going and was producing at a huge rate...

The US could produce more tanks, planes, and ships in a month than Germany could in a year..

so yes the US was a factory giant

I am basing this almost exactly on Axis and Allies stats...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitor Kenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
isn't going to be easier for you, germany or i to win then?

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 2054 (0.25 per day) | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2001 (8122 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

well kind of...
but I am on my own continent. So I will have to wait on tons of transport ships going back and forth, that will take awhile, adn unless I have a big enough navy to save it...

Germany will have a great chance on the land yes, but they are right up against France, UK, and USSR, all three of whom are producing enough to be a power...

USSR yes, but they are up against Germany on one side, and Japan on the other *I am going on historical facts now...just to show you*

*now ill put in our stats*

canada is kinda neutral....

hungary and italy have enough to take care of themselves. They need big allies to protect them from france, or germany, or USSR, or UK, or whoever wants to take them over...

China...both are equal...

I don't see a problem with it

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
brilliant man, i agree with it. it all sorta balances out

--------------------
 -

-

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
oh and gbotto, when you used to buy a transport you could use it right away

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rpazdzierski600     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for now everyone will get at least 8 credits on Day 4 in addiiton to whatever they saved

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2171 (0.26 per day) | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2001 (8068 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_fallen_lord_99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rpazdzierski600:
*Japan makes an alliance with Nationalist China

u have no troops in Spain yet

I bought an transportship and i sent in 1 tank unit....

--------------------
 -

Posts: 670 (0.08 per day) | From: London - U.S.S.R ;) | Registered: May 2001 (8197 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
u will not be able to have them there till Day 4, thats what the rules are

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_fallen_lord_99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have 4 factories... will i get 9 credits then?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 670 (0.08 per day) | From: London - U.S.S.R ;) | Registered: May 2001 (8197 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
yep, same with me

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
yes TFL you will

and we know about the spain thing already man just enough with it!

--------------------
 -

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -gbotto600-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dejangos stats are good, maybe we should use them and thet factories can still be built but the ones u have left over can represent some kind of 'industrial base' that you protect

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Posts: 7713 (0.94 per day) | From: NJ | Registered: May 2001 (8200 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
hmmm maybe next time, cuz that'll really fuck it up

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
not really

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
kenny can we just play? or should we scrap this game and use it as a practice game?

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
scraping sounds like a good good idea.

playing it now is really all confusing and not really fun

what does everyone else say?

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
yeah i say bring on the Modern Era

this game didnt even have full participation but could teach us good lessons for the next game.

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i say kep it ww2, but make it how mr.america said it

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
i say go modern with a better credit system

--------------------
 -

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
nations could be:
Brazil
Canada
China
France
Germany
India
Iraq
Israel
Pakistan
Russia
Great Britain
United States of America

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
all i am saying, is that every-friggin-modern game (which is three) i have been germany, no one takes germany away from me!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
 -

-

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
apparently kenny and rpaz are now mods of this forum and can dictator rules/the game itself at will

odd

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.36 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (7850 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
mmm hm hm hm

alls i sayin is that i have always been germany for every single modern game.

don't ask me how those nations sprung up

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
@CyloneBlade

this wwii game didnt work out at all, everyone complained it was too slow so we tried modifying it. But we end up modifying it over and over and its just too hectic

soon we will play again in the modern era

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
------------------ladies and gents--------------

talked to botto for a while, he says the next game will be modern era with much better credit system.

the second it starts is the minute this ends.... buhbye!

-----------------------------------

--------------------
 -

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
i don't want any descisions made until all the players see these posts, ok?

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
this might take a while

*sits back*

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
lol yeah, kenny u, dejando, and me are the only ones really playing

--------------------
 -

Cloynez0r  
Member # 534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cloynez0r     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, you guys screwed this game over anyway...are we starting over or starting a new game?

--------------------
[z06]
[huepfenicon111]

Posts: 2895 (0.36 per day) | From: TeXaN PridE | Registered: May 2002 (7850 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
i didnt screw anything, it was kenny that complained about everything

we're gonna start a new game

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
leave me alone!

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
lol sorry but its true

--------------------
 -

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
lol sorry but its true

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
yeah well i'll stop bitchin'

--------------------
 -

-

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha i thought the credits system was fine how it was in this game..but whatever..and when you guys start new one make sure you tell me

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info
AIM: bvtonedog
Yahoo: bvtonedog
MSN Messenger: iamtheyukster@hotmail.com
Email: bkvtonedog@adelphia.net

Posts: 3879 (0.47 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (8165 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
yeha i was also down with it
no word yet from botto so we still offically playing, he gave us 2 more extra credits, so everyone gets at least 8 credits next turn

--------------------
 -

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teapot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think the way it is..is good because it actually does make you think wisely about how to use your credits..whether you wanna save up to build another factory..or try to struggle and build military early..and with the 24 hours a cycle its good because that gives almost everyone the chance to participate every cycle...and to think about it...lots of your online games like this are based on 24 hour cycle with same priniple rules as this

--------------------
If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's Second Law

-

Contact Info

Posts: 3879 (0.47 per day) | From: Colonial Heights VA | Registered: Jun 2001 (8165 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

I'm all for modern as long as I get the glorious USA
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
just gimme germany and you all will not be nuked

--------------------
 -

-

rpazdzierski600  
The Machine
Member # 249

Member Rated:
Day 4 will be here in an hour, are we still doing this?

--------------------
 -

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
if so... don't worry communist spain!

i'm coming for ya!

--------------------
 -

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
ok, if you all agree we can stop this game and move onto a modern one, then rules would be like this:

24 hour turns

10 credits each turn

you get your stuff the same turn as you buy it (execpt for some facilities, which may require turns to build, in this case, count the turn you buy it as the first turn in building it)

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO HELLO

quote:
lol yeah, kenny u, dejando, and me are the only ones really playing

You forgot me.

Second, Dejango those stats were good, but you said you were basing them on the axis and ally powers. Incase you didn't forget, there are no axis or allies in this game, well not once it started.

--------------------

-

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.75 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (7893 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
alright gb0t, you win.

but... but can you resolve the spain thing? i gotta know who won!

--------------------
 -

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
ok, before we start this modern one, if dejango or someone else wants to maybe modify the credit limits, here are the nations:

United States of America =
Great Britain =
Russia =
France =
Germany =
China =
Israel =
Iran =
Iraq =
Italy =
Japan =
Egypt =
India =
Pakistan =

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: -gbotto600- ]

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
i get germany

--------------------
 -

-

Teapot Administrator 
Forum Admin
Member # 135

Member Rated:
w00t i'll stick wit Italy

--------------------

-

Contact Info

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
ok, guys its imperative that you get more players to join, Please tell your friends about this game (if your in a clan, tell your clanmates) and tell other members of the forum about this game

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
Let me have Russia.

--------------------
 -

the_fallen_lord_99  
Member # 57

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by -gbotto600-:
ok, guys its imperative that you get more players to join, Please tell your friends about this game (if your in a clan, tell your clanmates) and tell other members of the forum about this game
Do a topic about it on CDV....

--------------------
 -

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shagi_Fighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO HELLO

I'll take America

--------------------

-

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” –Pope John Paul II

Posts: 5935 (0.75 per day) | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2002 (7893 days)  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dejango  
Unregistered

@ fighter

omg you are so stupid that is Axis and Allies the boardgame

anyway, here let me think about it....

The US in this game way outproduces the world, but I will cut that down a bit...

*ps I claim USA*

United States of America =22-well I am not sure about this...but baised on a 10+ trillion dollar economy...

Great Britain =14-3rd largest eco in Europe

Russia =8 -in financial trouble right now...but with tons of potential, maybe they get 5 factories for half the price....?

France = 13-4th largest eco in Europe, close up behind UK

Germany = 16-largest in europe, 2nd largest official in world

China = 18-unofficially 4 trillion...they have a big time military de-bonus though

Israel = 7-new, little

Iran = 5-little, controlled market

Iraq = 4-little, controlled market

Italy = 12-one of the G countries

Japan = 15-maybe give them 6 factories double price...eco is in big time trouble right now, they have a few things to work out

Egypt =6-squashed market

India = 11-mostly because of population

Pakistan = 7-pop...semi-free market

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

Give me Great Britian or Japan then.

--------------------

-

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
the credits look good, but is there anyway you can maybe push the US alittle down and maybe give some of the small nations alittle boost

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Shagi_Fighter Moderator 
Monkey See Monkey Do
Member # 443

Rate Member
HELLO HELLO

We still using factories then? If so I'll take Japan lol.

--------------------

-

Dejango  
Unregistered

hmm let me look at it
Dejango  
Unregistered

ok how is this...

United States of America =19-all factories half price

Great Britain =14-3rd largest eco in Europe

Russia =8 -in financial trouble right now...but with tons of potential, maybe they get 5 factories for half the price....?

France = 13-4th largest eco in Europe, close up behind UK

Germany = 16-largest in europe, 2nd largest official in world

China = 18-unofficially 4 trillion...they have a big time military de-bonus though

Israel = 7-new, little...all factories half price

Iran = 5-little, controlled market. All factories half price if allied to US, Great Britain, France, Japan, or Germany

Iraq = 4-little, controlled market. All factories half price if allied to US, Great Britain, France, Japan, or Germany

Italy = 12-one of the G countries

Japan = 15-maybe give them 6 factories double price...eco is in big time trouble right now, they have a few things to work out

Egypt =6-squashed market. All factories half price if allied to US, Great Britain, France, Japan, or Germany

India = 11-mostly because of population

Pakistan = 7-pop...semi-free market.All factories half price if allied to US, Great Britain, France, Japan, or Germany

-gbotto600-  
Addicted Member
Member # 155

Rate Member
looks good, but the minium daily credits should be 6 though, and maybe egpyt could be 8 or 9

--------------------
Decima MAS
 -  - \

Oh our Tenth Flotilla,
you that mocked England,
now even on the dry land
you will win!

we swear:

Dejango  
Unregistered

hey ok egypt is fine

and I guess all lower nations can be 6 at least

Inquisitor Kenny  
Alucard's Lackey
Member # 176

Rate Member
Dejango, i like how you make that. Pretty cool man.

i agree with it all the way, shall we begin shortly?

--------------------
 -

-

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic

Quick Reply

SmileFrownEmbarrassedBig GrinWinkRazzCoolRoll EyesMadEek!ConfusedangerImage22rolling_eyes
Bold - UBB CodeQuote - UBB CodeItalics - UBB CodeInsert Email Address - UBB Code
Image - UBB CodeInsert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code

- Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HOME | *Daily Topics*